Soleil Royal - ZHL 1/90 Scale by Paulb [COMPLETED BUILD]

On the Museum model, the transom is all painted black.Look again at the photo of the Museum model.

Can anyone tell me what parts Z3, Z9 and Z10 are? For the top balcony I'm supposed to substitute some cast metal parts with Z10 and I can't find them anywhere.

You can see in the box what could be Z3, Z9 and Z10, as there are references to other stuff located there.

I was lucky I found it in the pictures because the box is well packed now :)

Cheers
Daniel

if you do not find the answer in the box picture I will go and open the kit box to check in detail all the parts in that section of the plastic box.

No problem at all.

Cheers
Daniel

I so understood in the new version of decor from metal?I had one made of resin.The decor of the stern shells was cut out of the array.Separately and glued on sewn to the aft of the valance.And you have it hanging in the air.What is not good.I also sharpened the entire decor in thickness.The casting was too cumbersome.IMG_1798.JPGIMG_1799.JPGIMG_1800.JPG

Some balcony work done. The stern is getting really heavy.View attachment 163945

Those stern figures are really heavy.

Did you have to glue it now ?

Asking because at this point of the built you still have to move the ship a lot. So I was wondering if it was your decision to glued them now or you just followed the kit instructions.

Cheers
Daniel

I used epoxy and super glue. It is tough to move around. I guess I could have waited; my thought was/is to finish the hull take a break, then do the masts, rigging etc. I recall the instructions have you do the same. The break is optional.:)

Last edited:
The balconies just kept bugging me, so I had to tear some stuff out to re-align them. That's the nice thing about wood. It's not pretty, but I'm just building for me; paint and molding will cover it. The camera angle in the second photo mistakenly shows the top balcony askew.
IMG_0854.jpgIMG_0857.jpgIMG_0858.jpg

Paul,
I am just building the Soleil Royal scratch stern model at the moment, and I steal lots of info from your building regarding the shape of the galleries. And I also found out what was my original problem with the hull shape - but way too late to correct it now. So my LSR will have 2 aft gunports instead of 4 (but I would not say it to anyone...LoL)
János

Back