Soleil Royal - ZHL 1/90 Scale by Paulb [COMPLETED BUILD]

Thanks to everyone for the nice comments. I've finished the first cannon. The carriages come from Syren, the eyebolts are leftover photo etch from my Victory build.
Hello Paul, The first impression is WOW and the all-over appliance is great. But..., if you don't mind, there is something you can improve if you like challenges. I would redo the capsquare. If you check the 'trunnion' from your gun, it is a smaller size than the groove in your carriage. You can make trunnion a bit larger by inserting a suitable tubing, this will make it fit into the grove nicely.
Also, check the 'Quoin' it is a bit oversized (see the reference picture below). make it a bit shorter. But again, the barrels and carriages look great. Keep on the great work!!

cannon.JPG

I liked the cannon carriages that Syren carries - they look better than the ones in the kit. The downside is that I have to reduce the size in order to match the cannon barrel better. As Jimsky mentioned, there are improvements I can make. There are 4 positions the will be difficult to see - I'll use this carriage in one of those.

I do not argue beautifully.But you've got an English gun.The French had very different carriages.Take the image of a French gun of the 17th-18th century.Adjust the scale to your model.Make the carriages yourself,there is nothing complicated.Moreover, there are not so many of them.I mean, which will be visible on the upper decks.

Attachments

• planorequin1105.jpg
    planorequin1105.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 72
  • Снимок экрана (1).png
    Снимок экрана (1).png
    491.5 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_18581.jpg
    IMG_18581.jpg
    315.2 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_18591.jpg
    IMG_18591.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_18841.jpg
    IMG_18841.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_19041.jpg
    IMG_19041.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 62
I do not argue beautifully.But you've got an English gun.The French had very different carriages.Take the image of a French gun of the 17th-18th century.Adjust the scale to your model.Make the carriages yourself,there is nothing complicated.Moreover, there are not so many of them.I mean, which will be visible on the upper decks.
That’s deep!

Your work is quite grand, just explain the ships Capetian acquired his guns from a captured and looted English ship as replacement for damage guns!

Question on gun carriages, as I am learning how to do things still.

Were not the sides made of multiple layers of wood, at least two I have seen in most drawings.

Which is why they had vertical bolts in the steps to hold pieces together?

Could this be simulated in scale by scribing a line horizontally across the side of the carriage in proper place?

Back