Soleil Royal - ZHL 1/90 Scale by Paulb [COMPLETED BUILD]

Would the Constitution be more like the English gun rigging?
On the Constitution, there are carronades on the upper deck. There are only two long guns in the nose. The network has a lot of photos of the real Constitution. There is also anatomy.

Attachments

• img_6730.jpg
    img_6730.jpg
    355.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 2_20_06_16_12_19_52.jpeg
    2_20_06_16_12_19_52.jpeg
    354.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_5514.jpg
    IMG_5514.jpg
    381.4 KB · Views: 34
On the Constitution, there are carronades on the upper deck. There are only two long guns in the nose. The network has a lot of photos of the real Constitution. There is also anatomy.
That is a misch-masch of different gun/carriage configurations. I see extra eyebolts. Are they there to attach to a retrieval rigging system to bring the gun back for swabbing and loading? I don't see such a system. I also don't see extra rope coiled on the ground like so many portray on their ships in this forum. Are those missing on the present day ship because it is a museum and the management is afraid someone will trip over them and get sue happy?

Here are a couple of photos showing how I rigged the cannons on my 1/100 Heller HMS Victory. I'm just more familiar with the English cannon rigging.
View attachment 175974View attachment 175975
Wow! Did those blocks come with the kit? I was thinking of making some tiny fake blocks out of brown clay or something with fine thread at that scale.

That is a misch-masch of different gun/carriage configurations. I see extra eyebolts. Are they there to attach to a retrieval rigging system to bring the gun back for swabbing and loading? I don't see such a system. I also don't see extra rope coiled on the ground like so many portray on their ships in this forum. Are those missing on the present day ship because it is a museum and the management is afraid someone will trip over them and get sue happy?
If you look closely, you can see that the running ends of the hoists are wound on the blocks.In the combat position, they are placed on the deck.Well, of course in the heat of battle, I think no one carefully turns the Bay.But it's more beautiful, you'll agree.

Now about the extra ring ring.Carronades have low recoil.the base itself is rigidly fixed in front, freely moves only to the right and left, on special wheels.It turns out a certain radius for aiming.But the barrel is fixed on separate skids.They have these ring rings on them.To roll back the barrel for loading.

Back