Soleil Royal - ZHL 1/90 Scale by Paulb

Thanks for all of the encouraging comments. I've planted the lower mast sections and finished all of the lower shrouds. I do enjoy the rigging portion of the build, but I'm concerned about the rigging belaying locations in the instructions as they don't address rigging with sails. As I plan to add sails I will have to look into this.
View attachment 209093View attachment 209094View attachment 209096View attachment 209098View attachment 209099
Hi Paul, I know this post is about rigging but I have to mention that your hull looks fantastic. The tones of wood, red gun port frames, darker wales, and blue coloration all combine for a majestic presentation! Fantastic!

Thanks for all of the encouraging comments. I've planted the lower mast sections and finished all of the lower shrouds. I do enjoy the rigging portion of the build, but I'm concerned about the rigging belaying locations in the instructions as they don't address rigging with sails. As I plan to add sails I will have to look into this.
View attachment 209093View attachment 209094View attachment 209096View attachment 209098View attachment 209099
Keep us informed. I bought some sails for it though Cornwall.

wow, it's looks so beautiful and unique

PaulB... I am getting ready to start my own ZHL soleil royale.. do you feel they gave you enough rigging materials... My kit has two hanks of a very small light brown in color, one off gold color of about .5mm, one small black,, one medium black, and one large diameter black,,, obviously for stays an shrouds. Plus a very large caramel colored about .8 or so.

PaulB... I am getting ready to start my own ZHL soleil royale.. do you feel they gave you enough rigging materials... My kit has two hanks of a very small light brown in color, one off gold color of about .5mm, one small black,, one medium black, and one large diameter black,,, obviously for stays an shrouds. Plus a very large caramel colored about .8 or so.
There's nothing worse than starting a rigging and running short.....

I have a lot of thread from other builds, plus I’ve purchased a lot for this build from Syren. I really can’t say if the supplied thread is enough because I’m not using much of it. If you plan on adding sails you will need more - so plan accordingly.