Soleil Royal ZHL kit 1:90 Scale [COMPLETED BUILD]

Looks awesome Brother We are getting rained out here for the weekend also so no hunting for me. Other then spending time playing on the floor with the Grandson I should be able to get some modeling done.
Thanks Joe. Taking Granddaughter out for her first time to trick or treat tomorrow if it drys up, not looking good for it though.

Looking good Mike. We seem to both be interested in horological stuff, my other hobby.
Thanks a lot Brian. Yes I repair clocks for a little money for my other hobbies. My buddy has a shop and I help him out when he gets behind. Watches not so much, they are to small for me. Love the hobby but here in the states its in a downward trend. I guess we are getting to be a throw away society.

Hi

I used contact adhesive on my SOS hull planking.
But you have to be careful to start in the correct place or you are buggered.
Like Greg said use some paper and slide it away as you go along.

View attachment 54501
I use contact adhesive, but EVO STICK also make another type of contact adhesive it is called TIME BOND
it is like a gel so you can adjust your wood. Also you can thin it down by using the cleaner supplied in tins.
JANET

Thanks Joe. Taking Granddaughter out for her first time to trick or treat tomorrow if it drys up, not looking good for it though.
My wife and Daughter do that stuff with my Grandson I will be going with them this year. as last year they had a bunch of rude adults to deal with this year Ill handle the rude people. Its a shame when Kids cant trick or treat without grown adults running over them to get to the door first. that wont fly with me and some Arses will catch my foot if they try that while I'm there. Baltimore has become a place I no longer want to live in. shame as it was an awesome place to grow up for me and my kids. I have property on the eastern shore I will eventually build a home there and retire but I'm still many years away from that. anyhow I wish you good weather to get out there with the Grandchild I don't know about you but for me they are the light of my life and I just found out I'm gonna have another one otw

My wife and Daughter do that stuff with my Grandson I will be going with them this year. as last year they had a bunch of rude adults to deal with this year Ill handle the rude people. Its a shame when Kids cant trick or treat without grown adults running over them to get to the door first. that wont fly with me and some Arses will catch my foot if they try that while I'm there. Baltimore has become a place I no longer want to live in. shame as it was an awesome place to grow up for me and my kids. I have property on the eastern shore I will eventually build a home there and retire but I'm still many years away from that. anyhow I wish you good weather to get out there with the Grandchild I don't know about you but for me they are the light of my life and I just found out I'm gonna have another one otw
Sure is a shame times have changed. Congrats on number 2. She sure is special, she makes my day when they come buy. I missed out on a lot when my kids were growing up, I was always working 2-3 jobs in younger days but it aloud the wife to stay home. Hope to get to spend a lot of time with her.

Started the second planking. The lower Wales are in place. I'm planking from the keel up. At the the Wales the plank changes to beech from the sapele. It's going well but slow. Cut out the gunports in the stern and planked it with the beech. This stuff is thin, not much room for sanding. Just a few pics today.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

G'day Mike, just been through and caught up with your build, very nice work, she looks really big, looking forward to the rest of your build,

best regards John,

Back