Soleil Royal ZHL kit 1:90 Scale [COMPLETED BUILD]

[QUOTE = "BigMike, innlegg: 46892, medlem: 5354"] Hei Stavanger, du har det bra med din engelsk. Tommel opp[/SITAT]

ja, men ikke når jeg vant å lese alt iterestig ting og navn og andre tekniske ting,
some off the members vrites a loot :):)Tommel opp

My kit was a little larger scale and made by Mantua. I bashed the kit a lot and have my build log on this site. It may help out on your build.
Hi Gary, thanks for dropping in. I have been through your build log several times already for help. Beautiful job by the way! I'm sure I'll be going back to it especially when rigging. Your rigging looks fantastic.

Well getting in last update of 2018, were did it go? I had some issues when I was cutting in the round gun ports. I found out the poop deck was 5mm to long and the dimensions in the instructions were different than the plan, so I had to make adjustments. IMG_0020.jpg IMG_0033.jpg
You can see where I had to add to the bulwarks, at least its getting covered up by paint.
Planking is mostly done and gun port frames are in. Balcony's are built and ready for paint.

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

I'm with @Jimsky on painting but it has to have the blue. Going to use ultramarine blue, looks to be a nice shade. I wasn't sure about painting bulwarks but I think I'm going to do it. Hope it turns out ok.
This last pic is where she stands now.

IMG_0030.jpg

Hope you all have a Happy New Year, and lets pray we have less health issues this coming year and enjoy modeling.

Hi Mike, good progress on this beautiful model.
The quality of this 1;90 scale seems better then the 1:50. Is it true the vessel was blue. Standard colours of the french navy in those days where black, ocre yellow and red. Blue was an extremely expensive colour in those days as they had to use semi precious stones to make it.
It is the same with Vasa they always presumed it to be blue but it was red.
See the link below for the Paris navel museum model which is black.
https://www.modelships.de/Museums_and_replicas/Musee_de_la_Marine_Paris/Photos_Soleil_Royal.htm

Hi Mike, good progress on this beautiful model.
The quality of this 1;90 scale seems better then the 1:50. Is it true the vessel was blue. Standard colours of the french navy in those days where black, ocre yellow and red. Blue was an extremely expensive colour in those days as they had to use semi precious stones to make it.
It is the same with Vasa they always presumed it to be blue but it was red.
See the link below for the Paris navel museum model which is black.
https://www.modelships.de/Museums_and_replicas/Musee_de_la_Marine_Paris/Photos_Soleil_Royal.htm
Thanks for Maarten that is a beautiful model in the museum isn't. Interesting on the making of the blue color. I've seen pictures so many ways i just went blue. I guess you could say the kit is similar to the ship, but there are way to many inaccuracies for me to fix. Have a Happy New Year.

Nice build! Is it money good spend on this kit? Thinking about buying it.
Hi Pat thanks. I would recommend the kit. It has gone together well, the building materials are very good. I can not compare to other kits but other than the instructions being somewhat confusing it's a very good kit. You have built several models you should do well with it.

I changed a lot of materials as wood and stickers for Brass and plastic decorations for zelfmade tin castings with my san Felipe kit . Is this not nessesary with your kit? Also like souverein of the seas but its really expensive. Maybe after the Soleil royal... My wife says its oke to buy the soeverein but i am afraid that i am not ready for it yet.

Back