Soleil Royal ZHL kit 1:90 Scale [COMPLETED BUILD]

I changed a lot of materials as wood and stickers for Brass and plastic decorations for zelfmade tin castings with my san Felipe kit . Is this not nessesary with your kit? Also like souverein of the seas but its really expensive. Maybe after the Soleil royal... My wife says its oke to buy the soeverein but i am afraid that i am not ready for it yet.
So far I have used the materials from the kit. I did need a few bass wood strips for the first planking. All the decorations are cast metal and are very nice. They do need some cleaning up but should turn out nice. I will post some pictures in few days.

So I was able to get some work done in the shop. Paint on the hull, some Tung oil on the hull below the lower whales. Also Tung oil on the decks.
IMG_0059.jpgIMG_0058.jpgIMG_0052.jpgIMG_0061.jpg

Here I used the windows, doors and chests from the kit on the poop deck. I used a laminate film for glass with black paint on the back of the film. The film worked well, it is frosted on one side so you could have a shinny or frosted look.
IMG_0051.jpgIMG_0066.jpg

Painted the gun port decorations with Vallejo metal color gold. Cannon used Vallejo gun metal. Vallejo suggests to put a gloss black primer down for the metal colors. I am pretty happy with the results.
IMG_0050.jpg
IMG_0048.jpgIMG_0049.jpgIMG_0047.jpg

I hope to get some gun carriages built, I need 8 done to install under the quarter deck I believe that's what its called, so I can finish that last deck.
@Pat71 here are a few pics of some of the decorations for you. All of them need cleaned up and painted but I think they are pretty nice.
IMG_0063.jpg
IMG_0064.jpgIMG_0065.jpg

Thanks for following along hope to get those guns and rails done next. Stay tuned.

Excellent work, Mike. Awesome decoration, you must be done a great job cleaning them out, They stand proud! What material is it?

Excellent work, Mike. Awesome decoration, you must be done a great job cleaning them out, They stand proud! What material is it?
Thanks Jim. I believe they are made of white metal. The metal seems soft, enough to bend slightly.

Happy birthday , nise work on the windows, kan you a litle more off the windowmaterial you are using, TNX.

Welcome to my first time attempting a build log. I ordered the kit from ZHL and it arrived in 8 days to the US.
The kit was well packaged for shipping and arrived in good condition. The kit looks to be very well made and the building materials are excellent. The English instructions are good and plans will be more than enough to get it built.

Thanks for looking.
Mike

View attachment 50869

View attachment 50871View attachment 50872
View attachment 50870View attachment 50873View attachment 50874View attachment 50875

View attachment 50876

Back