SOS Build Artesania Latina Scottish Maid 1839: Build Piper

This is my 3rd wooden model, I bought it on eBay and it was listed as a vintage model (1979 make). I was disappointed with the quality but then again it was a 43 year old kit.

I wanted to use as much as the material as possible but the wood was so brittle the play dry and fell apart when trying to cut out, so had to have ago at making some parts....great learning curve.

The photos are showing my slow progress on its build. The shear design of its hull is so streamlined I had to really steam the planks to follow the contours of the hull and the instructions consisted of one page....though the plans gave me the direction so far.

I may have posted this wrong, if so please be patient while I find how too.

1Old Kit.jpg

2Not Easy.jpg

3Forum small bits.jpg

4 Deck Furnature.jpg

5Scratch Made.jpg

6 Old Wood.jpg

7 Ribs done.jpg

8 Forum Fitting Fillers.jpg

9 Before Shaping.jpg

9a 1b 1st Hull Planking.jpg

9b Plan View 1st Planking the Hull.jpg

10 Gen View.jpg

11 Not easy to say where to trim.jpg

11Sharp Curves.jpg

13 Ready for Filling and Sanding.jpg

Oh ja - this is really a vintage kit - and vintage timber
Good luck, but we can see, that you are on a good way

Thank's for the wee words. I had so much rubbish on this hull build I desided to rip it all off to the waterline and use newer wood....waiting for it to come.
Also wanted to plank it in a more traditional way.

Looking at the history of the colour scheme I'm thinking on its working paint. ..... Black as the model displyed in the Aberdeen Museum

IMG_0290.JPG

IMG_0292.JPG

IMG_0296.JPG

This is my 3rd wooden model, I bought it on eBay and it was listed as a vintage model (1979 make). I was disappointed with the quality but then again it was a 43 year old kit.

I wanted to use as much as the material as possible but the wood was so brittle the play dry and fell apart when trying to cut out, so had to have ago at making some parts....great learning curve.

The photos are showing my slow progress on its build. The shear design of its hull is so streamlined I had to really steam the planks to follow the contours of the hull and the instructions consisted of one page....though the plans gave me the direction so far.

I may have posted this wrong, if so please be patient while I find how too.
Hallo @John R
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back