SOS Official TurboCad supporter

Donnie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator

I thought I might add a note about my decision to purchase TurboCad after many trial downloads from several sources of which in all fairness, I really should not mention. There were two main points, the cost for what I was getting and the Tutorials, books, reference material and finally the TuboCad online forum which is also supported by knowledgeable folks. I encourage you if you have any desire what so ever to dive into CAD software to give the TurboCad Version 20 Deluxe a start and see. I use it every day to design a new workbench for my shop to designing a Running Rigging Layout. The advantage is that I am here to help and also we can all share plans and drawings.

Donnie
CLICK ON IMAGE

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi Donnie,

I'm a Mac user and just bought TurboCAD Mac Deluxe 7 just over a month ago to try to develop some CAD skills. Haven't really done anything with it yet. I'm so accustomed to working with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop that it's still a lot quicker for me to put something together there.

Right now, my main need is to do some 2D drawings for illustrating purposes and for creating artwork for photo etching work. Not sure if I should try to use TurboCAD for this or continue to use Photoshop/Illustrator for that and separately practice using TurboCAD more to develop 3D work, etc.

Any thoughts?

Clare

Clare,

you brought up some interesting points. I know for myself it is hard to pull away from a program that I am used to. At my office for instance, I use AutoDesk AutoCAD. I was determined to pull away so that I can use TC at home (could not afford the $4000 asking price for AutoCad).

I think it took me a month to get the hang of it. There is still alot to learn. I see (now) that TC has really more flexibility now. TC has this "mesh tool" that I used for just a few min. I guess a person could really get into the mesh and create like 3D faces, animals, etc. and artwork. But, it would be quite time consuming.

I suggest to dive off into the 2D - if your version came with the tutorial, then I highly suggest that you pull that out and try it. I can be the worlds worst about wanting to dive into something without reading, but I promise you that after I decided to settle down and go through (most) of the 2D tutorial, I realized how much I really didn't know.

Cad is really going to open up the door for you. Another trick you can try is the "trace" function where you really can trace your object in the background. I had to do this at my office and AutoDesk and no other program could do this.

If I remember, I opened a regular .jpg file and saved that file to a EPS (encapsulated Post Script) extension file. like image12.eps then I opened the TC program, went to "file open" and used the file dialog box and open "with" and scroll down to the .EPS and opened that image into TC and then used the tools to "trace" the object. It was really cool and a huge time saver.

I hope this helps some.

Donnie

Hi, Donnie!
When I was employed in the steel mill I used AutoCAD. It was 18 years ago. I tryed TurboCAD, but I could not forget AutoCAD. First difficulty to overcome where construction lines, it seems to me the difference was too big.
Do you have a link for TurboCAD forum?

Here is the link that I go to sometimes. It is the official TC forum.

http://forums.turbocad.com/

Back