SPANISH GALLEON XVII. GALEON DEL AZOGUE [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hallo Ramon my friend,
we all wish you all the Best and and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY Birthday-Cake Birthday-Cake Birthday-Cake

Enjoy your special day

Great eye for the details - it is really looking good - definitely your model is not boring for the eyes!
I have two questions if it is allowed my freind:
1) Did the spanish painted the end of the guns also in red? So I guess you will keep the dark brass look for the guns....
2) What is written on this one beam? I guess painted by the woodworkers in the yard, or?
bb.jpg

1 The mouth of the canyons painted red, is a fact that, curiously, has gone unnoticed by the modelers. Observing ancient admiralty models (for example those of the 17th century of Annapolis) and paintings of the time, it is observed that it was a common practice of all European marinas, not only Spanish. At least since the seventeenth century there are countless models and paintings that show it. I put a picture of one of the Annapolis models.
2 What it says is my name. It is my model signature. It is written to a pyrographer

Clipboard3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Aquí se aprecia en un galeón español muy similar al mío en una pintura de extraordinario interés del siglo XVII...Es de la expedición de Lopez de Hoces a Pernambuco

Here you can see in a Spanish galleon very similar to mine in a painting of extraordinary interest of the seventeenth century ... It is from the expedition of Lopez de Hoces to Pernambuco

Detalle cañones rojos .jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back