SPANISH GALLEON XVII. GALEON DEL AZOGUE [COMPLETED BUILD]

Well, I am new in ship modeling. The first time I saw Caldercraft ship or Amati, even some Occre and Artesania LAtina, I was really impressed. Some of these have really clean cutted wood with CNC stuff and photoeched and tralala! But your built appealed me much more because it is a well mix of high level "artisan" master skill and delicate and precise addition, sculpted and man made stuff, not too perfect wood pieces fittinglike the one obtained by laser cut and no glue !!!! So much natural to me.

This threads will rise my aspiration to built more naturally and may be regarding other "old" compagny with their ancient method of production like per exemple the Mantua Panart stuff. I said that because I am not sure too be able to reproduce your skill level and made ship from scratch.

So thank you so much. You had certainly read a lot of stuff, hard stuff, academical one and historical one. "Je vous lève mon chapeau".

Michel

Well, I am new in ship modeling. The first time I saw Caldercraft ship or Amati, even some Occre and Artesania LAtina, I was really impressed. Some of these have really clean cutted wood with CNC stuff and photoeched and tralala! But your built appealed me much more because it is a well mix of high level "artisan" master skill and delicate and precise addition, sculpted and man made stuff, not too perfect wood pieces fittinglike the one obtained by laser cut and no glue !!!! So much natural to me.

This threads will rise my aspiration to built more naturally and may be regarding other "old" compagny with their ancient method of production like per exemple the Mantua Panart stuff. I said that because I am not sure too be able to reproduce your skill level and made ship from scratch.

So thank you so much. You had certainly read a lot of stuff, hard stuff, academical one and historical one. "Je vous lève mon chapeau".

Michel
Thanks a lot, I'm glad you like it. In modeling of a certain level there are as many aesthetic styles as there are modelers. Indeed, at least in Europe, currently, a "very clean" model style predominates, with a virtuous treatment of wood and based almost exclusively on the use of pear, ebony and boxwood. It is a very beautiful style of French and Belgian inspiration. On the contrary, I am looking for a style that we can call "antiquarian", I try to find a finish with antique tonis. If I say that my goal is to cast a model of mine in the Annapolis collection without it being noticed . They are different aesthetic programs but equally valid. As for the laser, cnc, 3D printers ... I totally avoid it: they are incompatible with my "old-fashioned" methods

And I do not know if it is a side effect (read afterward), but I particulary love Spain. The culture, the language, the food. My wife and me had accident on Compostelle road near Triacastella. She is now tetraplegic and have been at La Coruna traumatology during two weeks. Curisoulsy, I enjoy really my stay and the people. No regret, no condemnation of the farmer who dropped a hay bale from 3 m. to her shoulder. We are catholic and I am deacon, it change everything, for the better. So each time I saw spanish ship model, my heart revive these moments. Sure we pray for the farmer and his family. It was also a pain for them.

I hope to be able to made a spanish galeon, POF one, but I think there is no model on the market of this type. ZHL have some french or HMS type but too much expensive. Too much difference in price regarding where you see on the web (Ebay or ZHL). Difficult to discern if these people overprice their ship and I am afraid too of the real quality shipped. I have heard some bad experience. Unfortunately, CAF seems to have only small choice of POF, but the price seem better from them.

Michel

And I do not know if it is a side effect (read afterward), but I particulary love Spain. The culture, the language, the food. My wife and me had accident on Compostelle road near Triacastella. She is now tetraplegic and have been at La Coruna traumatology during two weeks. Curisoulsy, I enjoy really my stay and the people. No regret, no condemnation of the farmer who dropped a hay bale from 3 m. to her shoulder. We are catholic and I am deacon, it change everything, for the better. So each time I saw spanish ship model, my heart revive these moments. Sure we pray for the farmer and his family. It was also a pain for them.

I hope to be able to made a spanish galeon, POF one, but I think there is no model on the market of this type. ZHL have some french or HMS type but too much expensive. Too much difference in price regarding where you see on the web (Ebay or ZHL). Difficult to discern if these people overprice their ship and I am afraid too of the real quality shipped. I have heard some bad experience. Unfortunately, CAF seems to have only small choice of POF, but the price seem better from them.

Michel
Zhl is not making Pof kits,CAF,Unicorn,Trident does

Zhl is a reseller for most of them

Impressive model Ramon, is it a Triton spider sander I see in one picture, have you had any problems with it ?, Greeting Knut-

Back