SPANISH GALLEON XVII. GALEON DEL AZOGUE [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Ramon,
Would you be so kind as to explain and/or show how you cut the frames and leaving the the rabbet/tenon in place? It is a rather marvelous idea that I have not had the chance to see before. Many thanks, Raymond.

The development has no mystery, I do it with my proxxon milling machine, others with the bandsaw and some just simulated them. In all cases it is necessary to finish with minichisels. As for the meshed frames is a characteristic system of the Spanish galleons of the XVII. The Ordenaza of 1613 and that of 1618 is rigorous in that sense. This system gave the galleons a unique strength

IMG_20181215_121655.jpgIMG_20181215_120901.jpg

Hello Ramon,
That is an awesome looking bar-clamp. Is that something you can buy on line or did you make it? Either way, if it was bought, can you let me know where you bought it from (ie. what on-line store) and if you did make it, can you show us how it was done? Many thanks in advance, Raymond.

Hello Ramon,
That is an awesome looking bar-clamp. Is that something you can buy on line or did you make it? Either way, if it was bought, can you let me know where you bought it from (ie. what on-line store) and if you did make it, can you show us how it was done? Many thanks in advance, Raymond.

This clamp was shown also by Brian some time ago (and I marked me the link, due to the fact, that I want also to buy some of them)

JCB-150.jpg

It is called "japanese brass clamp" - Brian bought it here:
https://www.hobbytools.com.au/japanese-brass-clamp-150mm/

Thank you so much Uwe. I can't believe how awesome this little item is. It will come in very handy. Once again, thank you.

Raymond

Back