SPANISH GALLEON XVII. GALEON DEL AZOGUE [COMPLETED BUILD]

These clamps are really helpful for such kind of work - I will order also some of them!!!
Your work on the frames looks very good - very interesting to see this way of sequence :cool:

It is looking so fragile without the use of an outer jig to fix the frames during the construction of the hull.
Especially when we see, that you have now on one side two of these brass clamps which produce some torsion on the keel.
You have to make it very careful and check very often, I guess?
Very interesting building log my friend

It is looking so fragile without the use of an outer jig to fix the frames during the construction of the hull.
Especially when we see, that you have now on one side two of these brass clamps which produce some torsion on the keel.
You have to make it very careful and check very often, I guess?
Very interesting building log my friend
Not so frágiles... ;)

IMG_20181220_184046.jpg

Hello Ramon,
Your galleon is looking spectacular. While it scares me to see you hold it like that, I imagine that you are confident as to its strength. If it was me I would hold it in two hands while making sure that there are a bunch of pillows on the ground. By the way, I could not help but smile at your red and white striped shirt. It reminded me of the picture game I would have my children work on,
"Where's Waldo". Thanks for bringing a smile to my face.

Raymond

Attachments

• WheresWaldo.png
    WheresWaldo.png
    389.5 KB · Views: 10
Hello Ramon,
Your galleon is looking spectacular. While it scares me to see you hold it like that, I imagine that you are confident as to its strength. If it was me I would hold it in two hands while making sure that there are a bunch of pillows on the ground. By the way, I could not help but smile at your red and white striped shirt. It reminded me of the picture game I would have my children work on,
"Where's Waldo". Thanks for bringing a smile to my face.

Raymond
hahahaha ..do not be afraid the construction is very solid .. I'm glad you like my "domestic elegance",

Hello Ramon,
I am now understanding the concept you are using for your build (at least I think I do). When you started you had the front, middle and rear frames completed followed by the getting the general shape of your galleon via the batons. I am now seeing that you are filling the remainder of the frames working aft using the batons as a guide to get the correct shape of your galleon. That is quite the nifty little trick (then again I might be wrong but it sure seems that way to me). Was that your thought process when you first started out? If it was, Bravo to you Sir.

Raymond

Yea Ramond the dutch did it that way also in one of their methods I think pre 1700 they did the plank the hull then add the frames and after 1700 they did it the way Ramone and the spanish did it.
I guess that would have been a certain way to ensure everything fit properly.

Could you provide the source where I could obtain a set of plans you are using for your build

Back