SPANISH GALLEON XVII. GALEON DEL AZOGUE [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Ramon,
I am now understanding the concept you are using for your build (at least I think I do). When you started you had the front, middle and rear frames completed followed by the getting the general shape of your galleon via the batons. I am now seeing that you are filling the remainder of the frames working aft using the batons as a guide to get the correct shape of your galleon. That is quite the nifty little trick (then again I might be wrong but it sure seems that way to me). Was that your thought process when you first started out? If it was, Bravo to you Sir.

Raymond
I am getting very close to the method of how real ships did in the 17th century. I follow the Ordinances and I use the "joba" method. I decided to do so from the beginning. It is a simple and suitable construction method for this type of shipbuilding

The plans that I am using are not commercialized, they are from a naval engineer modeler. However, I'm just using those blueprints for the water lines. Everything else I design it following the guidelines of the Spanish regulations of 1613 and 1618
I do have copies of the Spanish regulations of 1613 and 1618. However, I do not have plans or blueprints for the hull or water lines. Is it possible to obtain copies.

Hello Ramon,
I see that the angle of your first futtock is starting to get a sharper angle. Will this cause you to slow down a bit as a means of ensuring that you get the perfect angle for the rest of your frames going aft or are you on cruise-control and already have a plan in mind? Either way, it is looking great Brother.

Ray

Hello Ramon,
I see that the angle of your first futtock is starting to get a sharper angle. Will this cause you to slow down a bit as a means of ensuring that you get the perfect angle for the rest of your frames going aft or are you on cruise-control and already have a plan in mind? Either way, it is looking great Brother.

Ray
Yes, it has a very specific plan. It is very important to establish the main frame and the two loof frames (redeles), then the ribbands (vagras) are set and these determine the shapes of the ship. Then calculating with the prescriptions of the Regulation and the forms marked by the ribbands, each floor timber is designed, which are the key pieces. The futtocks all have the same radius

Hola Ramon,
My God she is starting to come into shape. Will you also add masts and spars to her. If you do she will be impressive in size. Looking forward to more posts.

Ray

Back