SPANISH GALLEON XVII. GALEON DEL AZOGUE [COMPLETED BUILD]

Very interesting work - and construction of the ship.

I am looking forward to understand what will be installed on top of these notches

Great work with the caulking - I am not sure, if this additional work is visible afterwards - I guess you are making this caulking only at some special joints.

Your modeling work is extremely interesting :cool:

Let's see ... This piece is typical of Spanish naos and galleons of the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. It's called "albaola." In her they fit pieces that go between the futtocks that are called "escoperadas". Their mission is to protect the heads of floor timbers from water. I put a map of the archaeological prospect of Red Bay, (nao San Juan, sixteenth century) where it looks perfectlyIMG_20190309_145416.jpg

As for the "additional work", no doubt a large part will not be seen ... But it is like the details in the pinnacles of the Gothic cathedrals. When they were built they were not made for the men to see .. They were made for God to see them ...
And for you to know it's there, the way it should be. We are all the same in that respect, but we are not in your 'ball park'. Just spectators.

Following. this level of pure craftsmanship something I've never seen before. Not this in-depth and not to this degree. The fact that you're holding so closely to the original methods... It's like seeing it happen in Spain centuries ago. Gentlemen, we are literally watching a cut from history.

And that is so cool!

Back