Spanish Longboat of 1752 (Falúa) [COMPLETED BUILD]

Current build, this boat was used by the admiral and used adorned and provided with an awning on the stern leg. This is a model designed by Isidro Rivera, who is currently finishing the design of a 64-gun Spanish ship. This would be the boat.
The prepared mold

Falua010.JPG
Placed frames. And keel, stem and stern

IMG_0030.JPG

IMG_0052.JPG

IMG_0149.JPG

IMG_0163.JPG

IMG_0245.JPG
IMG_0248.JPG
IMG_0286.JPG

IMG_0378.JPG
IMG_0434.JPG

And so we go :)

Last edited:
Many thanks for showing the jig and the preparation of it - very good idea with the false frames at the location of the final ones!
And also the nice add on with the intarsien star at the floor.

Thanks Norway and Jim, now I am with the monograph of La Belle, by Ancre, but I think this time I've put on a challenge too big, but I'll try.

Best Regards!
Well done! Thumbs-Up
Your model is looking very good - congratulations for the completion of this model.

I am pretty sure, that you will be able to make the La Belle, based on the Jean Boudriot drawings !!!
Do you know already the scale in which you want to built her?

For everybody interested here the link to the monographie Angel mentioned:

Thank you, in fact I have been working at La Belle since November, but it is progressing slowly. It's a long-term project, no doubt. An image ;)
View attachment 82741
So we can really hope, that you will show us the construction of this model also in a building log - is looking very good - very interesting model

Thank you, in fact I have been working at La Belle since November, but it is progressing slowly. It's a long-term project, no doubt. An image ;)
View attachment 82741

Hallo,
we wish you all the Best and HAPPY BIRTHDAY Birthday-Cake

Hope to see some information about your project of your La Belle - would be great

Enhorabuena, Angel, ha quedado genial la falua y en este foro las fotos se ven espectaculares.

Un saludo

Congratulations, Angel, the longboat is great and in this forum the photos look spectacular.

Greetings

Back