Spanish ship of the line figurehead (Principe de Asturias 1795)

Fabulous work Janos:cool:
I notice a great amount to 'undercut' inside his right hand sleeve.Did you manage to achieve this with his hand in place,or did you add his right hand separately?

Kind Regards

Nigel

Thanks, Nigel!
I am usually in trouble with the small details, first of all, as in this case, when there is not enough informstion - picture or drawing - about the figure. So i just start with whatever I have on the outside and then go inside as i imagine how it could be. Sometimes it comes out well, sometimes it looks quite silly and i have to do something else about it. My problem is usually that in most cases I can't decide wat level of details is enough or too much. I had something similar with the enlargened Oliver Cromwell figure head (see in the other thread). I had quite an acceptable and pretty jung lady's face when I realized that her hairline was too much behind without showing any ear. So I made some ears but for this I had to make her face thinner - which then made her quite old looking. Bummer.
Janos

Last edited:
Fabulous work Janos:cool:
I notice a great amount to 'undercut' inside his right hand sleeve.Did you manage to achieve this with his hand in place,or did you add his right hand separately?

Kind Regards

Nigel

Hi Nigel,
Another ignored question... my apologies.
The right hand was made in place, only the spectre is a different piece. It could not be done in one piece because of the cross grain. I probably could have done it in one piece would the material be European Boxwood, but it is Costelo, so not as good.
Janos

Back