SPRAY ADHESIVE

hello, I see spray adhesive beening used by some members to adhere the plans to timbers to be cut to size, on a jig saw, or what ever. what brand do you use or a spray that doesn t stick to much....

hello, I see spray adhesive beening used by some members to adhere the plans to timbers to be cut to size, on a jig saw, or what ever. what brand do you use or a spray that doesn t stick to much....
I am not using a spray, but the obligatory Rubber cement Fixo-Gum by marabu - can be removed easily afterwards without any residues - with a spray to spray all areas around and not only the area you want to ....

343638_3028191.jpg

Yes - these rubber cements are not very cheap, but you do not need much - so I have my tube already since years and still not empty.
So it is an investement for more than one model ....

The last jar I bought,about five years ago, had a shelf live of about 6 months then it dried up. Not sure why, possibly a bad batch. I normally use those glue sticks that kids in school use.

Last edited:
I like to use a spray adhesive, especially for adhering plans to wood. I use 3M Super 77, about $10 for a 14oz can that will last you for years...if you spray a light coat on one surface it provides a strong bond but is easy to clean off, spray both surfaces and it becomes a very strong bond that is pretty much permanent- although you can still remove or clean it off with goof off or other adhesive cleaners. Dries fast, and if you only spray one side it allows you to re-position it at will, It also doesn’t distort or alter the paper size as some adhesives can do.

I have used a spray adhesive for many years to attach paper patterns to wood for chip carving. I use Scotch Spray Mount Repositionable Adhesive in a red and blue can (the last time I bought it). Make sure it says Repositionable Adhesive because the also sell spray that is not repositionable. To remove the paper from the wood wipe paper generously with mineral spirits And the paper will peel off the wood. The mineral spirits will dry with no affect on the wood. If I’m in a hurry, I use compressed air to dry the object, if any adhesive remains on the wood it can be removed with Lacquer Thinner, again with no harm to the wood. I hope this helps.
WMG

Use the Elmers washable school glue. Glues great and comes off with water or falls off in 2 years when the glue dries out.

On my current build, kit provided printed stickers for some parts. Worked better than rubber cement or spray imho.

Back