Statenjacht PEGASUS circa 1700 [COMPLETED BUILD]

What I am not yet sure if I will do them square or rounds. The kit have the decorations for round stern ports. But it is the same decoration as for the cannon ports. So first thought would be " are cannons placed there?" The answer is NO, but family and friends will be asking.

So here goes the dilemma:

A) Easy built ports : ROUND with decorations.
B) Difficult to build ports: SQUARE with doors.

Difficult decision......

Either way we will need a flexible endoscope to see inside through the ports... :) :) :)

Daniel

That is indeed a good question. I would ask Maarten's advice here and go with that.

That is indeed a good question. I would ask Maarten's advice here and go with that.

Thank you Heinrich!!

Maarten already suggested the square ports. But the kit come with a round carved decoration. And because this is a fantasy Statenjacht, full of carved decorations, I decided to keep the round holes, as the below picture.

Screenshot_20210120-113644_Gallery.jpg

I will not glue the carving yet

20210121_221434.jpg

The port addition forced me to redo the stern lower cabin. I have to reduce the beds from king size to a small queen size. The fitting wasn't so good, but who will notice :).

Took out the coach with cushions and added 2 tables.

Yes, I know, now I need to see if I can do a few tiny sitting bench.

Why I am complicating my life ? :)

20210121_204738.jpg20210121_214020.jpg20210121_215456.jpg20210121_215504.jpg

Then added, beside the circular staircase one of the deck beans. To check the stair position/high. Looks like will need some sanding to lower the first step. But it isn't bad.... I am happy.

The first picture below shows the deck bean over the othe one that will be the roof of the cabin.

20210121_220300.jpg
20210121_215832.jpg20210121_220441.jpg20210121_220513.jpg

Ok... enough for tonight.

Cheers
Daniel

Last edited:
Thank you Heinrich!!

Maarten already suggested the square ports. But the kit come with a round carved decoration. And because this is a fantasy Statenjacht, full of carved decorations, I decided to keep the round holes, as the below picture.

View attachment 207563

I will not glue the carving yet

View attachment 207564

The port addition forced me to redo the stern lower cabin. I have to reduce the beds from king size to a small queen size. The fitting wasn't so good, but who will notice :).

Took out the coach with cushions and added 2 tables.

Yes, I know, now I need to see if I can do a few tiny sitting bench.

Why I am complicating my life ? :)

View attachment 207565View attachment 207566View attachment 207567View attachment 207568

Then added, beside the circular staircase one of the deck beans. To check the stair position/high. Looks like will need some sanding to lower the first step. But it isn't bad.... I am happy.

The first picture below shows the deck bean over the othe one that will be the roof of the cabin.

View attachment 207573
View attachment 207569View attachment 207570View attachment 207572

Ok... enough for tonight.

Cheers
Daniel
Looking great!

Hi Daniel!

You embarrass me with your praise! I do not succeed every component on the first try and before most construction phases is always the question of how do I build it easy or even difficult.
As in your construction I am always happy when a wall, a bed or a staircase have succeeded and walk in the spirit through the advancrd model!
You also dare strong enlargements in the photos on which small joints are visible or one sees the pores of the wood. Not everyone dares to do that. The Pegasus will be a great model and we build for no museum but for our pleasure, which we both have!

Continued success and fun with modeling!
Thomas

W.AS IST HIR BESONDERES ??????

Hi Ivan

Thank you for stopping by.

You wrote (Google translator) : WHAT'S SPECIAL TO YOU ?

Do you meant "What is special on this ship for me ? "

Answer : All is special on this ship, as I never built something like this ship and every small thing I do is a big step for me. It is a huge challenge to me.

Thank you !!
Daniel

Hi Daniel!

You embarrass me with your praise! I do not succeed every component on the first try and before most construction phases is always the question of how do I build it easy or even difficult.
As in your construction I am always happy when a wall, a bed or a staircase have succeeded and walk in the spirit through the advancrd model!
You also dare strong enlargements in the photos on which small joints are visible or one sees the pores of the wood. Not everyone dares to do that. The Pegasus will be a great model and we build for no museum but for our pleasure, which we both have!

Continued success and fun with modeling!
Thomas

Thank you Thomas, I really appreciate your comments. Every time I sit at the workbench I try to push my boundaries.

My wife says the same about the pictures :)

Cheers and thank you for stopping by.

Hi Ivan

Thank you for stopping by.

You wrote (Google translator) : WHAT'S SPECIAL TO YOU ?

Do you meant "What is special on this ship for me ? "

Answer : All is special on this ship, as I never built something like this ship and every small thing I do is a big step for me. It is a huge challenge to me.

Thank you !!
Daniel
You are a true gentleman, Daniel. By choosing to correct Ivan's spelling the way you did you gave him the benefit of the doubt regarding his meaning. The world could use more people of your kind. Bravo!

Dear Daniel
I agree with all the complements of the dear friends above, great progress and it's looks very beautiful

Sie sind ein wahrer Gentleman, Daniel. Indem Sie sich entschieden haben, Iwans Rechtschreibung so zu korrigieren, wie Sie es getan haben, haben Sie ihm den Vorteil des Zweifels an seiner Bedeutung gegeben. Die Welt könnte mehr Menschen Ihrer Art gebrauchen. Bravo!
Der ganze Text ist fehlerhaft geschrieben aber trotzdem haben sie es sehr gut verstanden, der Gentleman hat es beantwortet, er soll sich lieber auf andere Dinge konzentrieren als meinen Text zu korrigieren.

Now the passengers have some benches to seat, enjoy a meal or have a nice chat. :)

View attachment 207915View attachment 207916

Moreover, to avoid issues a handrail was added to the stair :)

View attachment 207917

Cheers
Daniel
Hi Daniel, A truly wonderful build and an interesting and comprehensive log, it’s given me hours of pleasure going through it. I think that you’re giving your all and a bit more, your heart is obviously in it. Thank you for showing us this.
Regards, Ken

Hi Daniel, A truly wonderful build and an interesting and comprehensive log, it’s given me hours of pleasure going through it. I think that you’re giving your all and a bit more, your heart is obviously in it. Thank you for showing us this.
Regards, Ken

Thank you very much Kent !!!

Reactions: Ken
Back