Statenjacht PEGASUS circa 1700 [COMPLETED BUILD]

..... and this is an expensive ship, with the best and more exquisite...... You can imagine the rest.

Now I need to continue watching the Expanse :)

He he he - to me the red and the green look like a brothel. What kind of ship are you building?!? :p

First class cabin with all the amenities a man at sea could need...

Hi Dan very nice work again. If you want to make similar pillars in small scale you can easily grind the mirror image in a piece of an old iron saw blade or a knife.
You can then use it as a scraper to turn the wood into shape. All the pillars wil be the same as you use the same scraper.

Hi Dan very nice work again. If you want to make similar pillars in small scale you can easily grind the mirror image in a piece of an old iron saw blade or a knife.
You can then use it as a scraper to turn the wood into shape. All the pillars wil be the same as you use the same scraper.

Excellent tip !!! Thank you. I will practice that suggestion.

Thanks
Daniel

My UPS sad story ....

I hope others will learn from this.

I bought an 18" Byrnes table saw plus accessories, a $1000 value.

Box was shipped with signature as delivered confirmation and will be Arriving last Saturday.

I live in a residential neighborhood. My house is surrounded by woods and lakes. My neighbor is more than 3-4 acres of distance.

I waived the signature because Saturdays is when I do all my shopping. The delivery window was 2-6 PM. I have been living here for 11 years and I always waive the signatures because there is 0 thieves activity. Never ever a box was taken from my front door. Or from any neighbor doors.

I waived the signature and requested to left the box at the front door. Just like any other standard UPS delivery.

At 5:15 PM, I was feeding my dogs when I got the txt message "package delivered".

At ~ 5:20 I went out to pick up the box and......NO BOX.

5-10 minutes later I called customer service. Their answer was "you waived the signature, there is nothing we can do".

Pick up the car and went to all my neighbors doors. It happened in the pass that my package was left at another house. Misreading of the address number, probably. But NO box on the 4 surrounding houses doors. Remember they are far away all of them.

Now was some time between 5:40 to 6PM. I left a voice message at Byrnes phone # explaining the situation and called UPS customer service again. This time the person offered me "we will call the driver".

Half an hour later UPS calls me: " the driver left the box at your neighbor house BECAUSE NO ONE WAS AT YOUR HOUSE". "AND WE DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY HE DID THAT " .... " GO TO YOUR NEIGHBOR HOUSE AND RECOVER THE BOX".

I hang on and went to see my neighbor again. The address provided by the driver was the first house I went at the start of the issue. My neighbor told me again, that the only box left at his house was his box at around 5:15 - 5:30 PM.

I called again UPS customer service. Explained what happened. An hour or more later, UPS called me back. It was the same guy from UPS that called me before. Told me to start a claim and they will follow with the drive "Why the box wasn't left at my door" .

I started the claim at midnight after I returned from dinner with friends.

Till today, after 5 business days there is no news of anything. Neither yet a resolution of the case.

Reading all the legal aspects from UPS. The company consider as PROOF OF DELIVERY that the PACKAGE WAS SCANNED. After that they ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE of whatever happens.

Customer service told me that when each box is scanned the signal is kept by a GPS system that register precisely the address/place of the scanning.

And that it is.

So, if I am a UPS driver, I stop the truck near a house, scan the package and I leave, from a legal aspect "BOX WAS DELIVERED" . The package never went out of the truck, but it was DELIVERED. So now UPS is free of legal issues.

I will keep my fingers crossed and I hope that in one more week UPS finds the box or the insurance pays.

The last one will be difficult because BOX WAS DELIVERED.

Why the driver said it was left at another house, it is unknown, and by this time I am not sure if the guy who calls me was telling the truth. I believe in my neighbor that nothing on my name was left at his house.

Finding the box after a week.... the UPS customer service guy said to me on Saturday "if we do not find the box by Tuesday end if day, forget about it, is lost. Start a claim to see if you can get your money back". I didn't wait till last Tuesday. I started the claim right away.

Bottom line, I am still waiting "THE END" of this sad story, and my guts are telling me it will be "No Table Saw and No Money".

We will see......

Daniel

Last edited:
Hello Daniel,

Call your credit card issuer and start the claim. Your credit card protects purchases and may help you with insurance. Hope the package shows up, next week.

My UPS sad story ....

I hope others will learn from this.

I bought an 18" Byrnes table saw plus accessories, a $1000 value.

Box was shipped with signature as delivered confirmation and will be Arriving last Saturday.

I live in a residential neighborhood. My house is surrounded by woods and lakes. My neighbor is more than 3-4 acres of distance.

I waived the signature because Saturdays is when I do all my shopping. The delivery window was 2-6 PM. I have been living here for 11 years and I always waive the signatures because there is 0 thieves activity. Never ever a box was taken from my front door. Or from any neighbor doors.

I waived the signature and requested to left the box at the front door. Just like any other standard UPS delivery.

At 5:15 PM, I was feeding my dogs when I got the txt message "package delivered".

At ~ 5:20 I went out to pick up the box and......NO BOX.

5-10 minutes later I called customer service. Their answer was "you waived the signature, there is nothing we can do".

Pick up the car and went to all my neighbors doors. It happened in the pass that my package was left at another house. Misreading of the address number, probably. But NO box on the 4 surrounding houses doors. Remember they are far away all of them.

Now was some time between 5:40 to 6PM. I left a voice message at Byrnes phone # explaining the situation and called UPS customer service again. This time the person offered me "we will call the driver".

Half an hour later UPS calls me: " the driver left the box at your neighbor house BECAUSE NO ONE WAS AT YOUR HOUSE". "AND WE DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY HE DID THAT " .... " GO TO YOUR NEIGHBOR HOUSE AND RECOVER THE BOX".

I hang on and went to see my neighbor again. The address provided by the driver was the first house I went at the start of the issue. My neighbor told me again, that the only box left at his house was his box at around 5:15 - 5:30 PM.

I called again UPS customer service. Explained what happened. An hour or more later, UPS called me back. It was the same guy from UPS that called me before. Told me to start a claim and they will follow with the drive "Why the box wasn't left at my door" .

I started the claim at midnight after I returned from dinner with friends.

Till today, after 5 business days there is no news of anything. Neither yet a resolution of the case.

Reading all the legal aspects from UPS. The company consider as PROOF OF DELIVERY that the PACKAGE WAS SCANNED. After that they ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE of whatever happens.

Customer service told me that when each box is scanned the signal is kept by a GPS system that register precisely the address/place of the scanning.

And that it is.

So, if I am a UPS driver, I stop the truck near a house, scan the package and I leave, from a legal aspect "BOX WAS DELIVERED" . The package never went out of the truck, but it was DELIVERED. So now UPS is free of legal issues.

I will keep my fingers crossed and I hope that in one more week UPS finds the box or the insurance pays.

The last one will be difficult because BOX WAS DELIVERED.

Why the driver said it was left at another house, it is unknown, and by this time I am not sure if the guy who calls me was telling the truth. I believe in my neighbor that nothing on my name was left at his house.

Finding the box after a week.... the UPS customer service guy said to me on Saturday "if we do not find the box by Tuesday end if day, forget about it, is lost. Start a claim to see if you can get your money back". I didn't wait till last Tuesday. I started the claim right away.

Bottom line, I am still waiting "THE END" of this sad story, and my guts are telling me it will be "No Table Saw and No Money".

We will see......

Daniel
Sounds to me like a UPS driver has a nice new Byrnes table saw... I hope that's not the case but how else can you account for all the details here... Sorry Daniel.

Sounds to me like a UPS driver has a nice new Byrnes table saw... I hope that's not the case but how else can you account for all the details here... Sorry Daniel.

GOOD NEWS.... EXCELLENT NEWS.......

My house is 86, The driver said he left the box at 84.....IT WAS AT 82 and my neighbor just brought it to my house.

I Love how UPS tracked/searched the box during this week. They probably have done Nothing during the week.

I will try not to be negative.

I learned a very important lesson with UPS.......NEVER WAIVE A DELIVERY WITH SIGNATURE.....

or like my neighbor from 84 does...he tells UPS to deliver his expensive packages at a UPS shop nearby.

20210206_155501.jpg20210206_162330.jpg

CHEERS TO ALL...... I AM SOOOOOO HAPPY!!

Daniel

My house is 86, The driver said he left the box at 84.....IT WAS AT 82 and my neighbor just brought it to my house.

I Love how UPS tracked/searched the box during this week. They probably have done Nothing during the week.

I learned a very important lesson with UPS.......NEVER WAIVE A DELIVERY WITH SIGNATURE.....

or like my neighbor from 84 does...he tells UPS to deliver his expensive packages at a UPS shop nearby.

View attachment 211437View attachment 211438

Daniel
My apologies to your UPS driver! Now don't cut your finger off...

Each package that gets delivered successfully is an achievement - ask me. After 30 deliveries for which I was responsible - I can also tell you some stories. I am just very happy that your saw arrived - that Byrnes is a lovely tool.

she is starting to look like a Statenjacht Daniel! Man, I just love these Dutch ships!

she is starting to look like a Statenjacht Daniel! Man, I just love these Dutch ships!

Thank you Heinrich. I agree with your comment on Statenjachts.

Could be in the future I will built the UTRECHT by Dusek. Painted with all its colors. Unfortunately that model is a POB and you can't do the interior.

Cheers
Daniel

Thanks for laughing. I almost didn't send that...
First class wealthy passengers can't complain now about cold weather with this fireplace. :)

View attachment 211721

View attachment 211722

View attachment 211723

View attachment 211724

View attachment 211725

View attachment 211726

A general view with the 2 chimneys and the 2nd class cabin skylight. :)

View attachment 211727

View attachment 211728

View attachment 211729

Cheers
Daniel
Looking great! What did you use to simulate bricks in the fireplace?

View attachment 211437View attachment 211438

Daniel
These are good news, and I am very happy for you, that you received this "nice" new toy.

Back