Statenjacht PEGASUS circa 1700 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Looking good Daniel. I did notice in the picture you showed of the real ship there is only one central door rather than the two. Not that it matters much but I wonder if a single door would be more practical and historically correct. Do the plans show two doors?

Looking good Daniel. I did notice in the picture you showed of the real ship there is only one central door rather than the two. Not that it matters much but I wonder if a single door would be more practical and historically correct. Do the plans show two doors?

The real Statenjacht Utrecht ship has 2 doors. See below pictures.

But remember that this ship has never existed and does not need to have any accuracy or be as the Statenjacht Utrecht.

Due to that, each Pegasus model built is totally different. Is open to what the modeler want to do and their skills.

But each Statenjacht Utrecht model built are done following the real one, the best they can.

20180805_112611.jpg20180805_112459.jpg

Best
Daniel

Thanks for the clarification Daniel. That other picture must have been a different ship then. I'll just sit back and watch from now on and do what I do best...drink!! :p Beer

It is the same ship. But the angle of the picture make it looks like there is only one door.

Enjoy the beer!!!!

Daniel

Here is my 'WOW! WOW!!! Thumbs-UpThe stern looks gorgeous dressed by those carvings. One small observation, however, The holes for treenails look very prominent 'like holes'. Not sure if this is the results of Macro, I suggest you feel the holes possibly from PearWood treenails, or using wood filler (same color). Elmer's has line of fillers in a tube with different colors. My choice would be... you got it...- treenails

When I realized the holes were a little big, was late. I stopped on that section. The others are much smaller. I didn't want to start covering them with putting. So my choice, for now is that they will stay as they are.

BTW the cherry putting fit very well with the pear wood.

Back