Statenjacht PEGASUS circa 1700 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Ales ist OK.

Happy to hear that.

And I am very honored that you have been reading my log. I have pictures of many of your models. I will use 2 words to define them " Speechles and Breathtaking ".

I have never ever seen something like the models you did.

Again, thank you for posting your comments and pictures and feel free to add any comments that you want to this log.

Daniel
Ps: I have to write the word Speechles with only one S at the end because the software keep placing a face with the mouth closed instead of the word :)

Last edited:
Update.

I have been working on the bow. I still do not understand why this kit isn't laser cut. Almost every piece you have to put on place, does not fit and you have to di the corresponding modifications.

Ok, for the bow there is a Jig that I had to modify by sanding all the borders, you will see that in the picture where the jig is out if the model. The jig was too thick and the false keel was not fitting at all.

20201101_142703.jpg

Jig attached to the hull.

20201101_114236.jpg

That jig help to do the below job

20201101_114116.jpg20201101_114159.jpg

You also need a keel jig, that I forgot to take a picture. So I will use the Chinese modeler picture.

Screenshot_20201029-070336_Gallery.jpg

This is the final result after a big sanding work.

20201101_115332.jpg

20201101_114539.jpg

The small pieces of wood are only glued on the tip ( see arrow)

20201101_143927.jpg

I was sure that as soon as I try to do the planking, those parts will just be unglued. Very fragile to work on them.

Looking the Chinese modeler pictures and Jeronimo pictures, that section is also planked on the deck side. Then I decided to create a molding with a piece of cardboard and fill all that with wood filler.

20201101_120117.jpg20201101_121120.jpg20201101_122110.jpg

Now I am waiting it to dry and then again sanding.

Cheers
Daniel

Hello Ivan,

the China-Kit model is no comparsion to your extraordinary
model of the Pegasus.

Daniel and I also deliberately showed pictures of you and your Pegasus
at the beginning of the constructions report,
with the note that the China Kit is a pirated copy of your model.

Daniel and I don't have your carving skills and we could never have built
the model without the China carvings.

Kind regards
Karl

(Google Translator)

Hallo Ivan.

das China-Kitmodel ist kein Vergleich zu deinem außergewöhnlichen
Modell der Pegasus.

Daniel und ich haben auch bewusst am Anfang der Bauberichte Bilder von dir
und deiner Pegasus gezeigt,
mit dem Hinweis das der China Kit eine Raubkopie von deinem Modell ist.

Daniel und ich haben nicht deine Fähigkeiten bezüglich der Schnitzereien
und hätten das Modell ohne die China Schnitzereien niemals bauen können.

Herzliche Grüße
Karl

Hedley....

Thank you for the "like". I see you are following the building log.

Have you received the Pegasus kit ?

What are your thoughts about it ?

Remember to check if every part included in the kit is there. I not only used the part sheets included in the kit. I also used the ZHL Model Video, their pictures and the pictures of the Chinese Modeler, that are very detailed, to check every piece.

Cheers
Daniel

Hi Daniel, your certainly faster than a speeding bullet with this build.
Yes I received the kit ok .
My thoughts? mmm. it's ok on first impressions. The carving is certainly the best part, quite good for this small scale kit.
The display base is good and should finish well. The sheets with the ribs are uniform colour and the wood is good. But the planking material is only average . I guess I will stick with it as I don't want to go to the expense of replacing it and its sort of ok, there were maybe 5-6 out of about 50 that were throw aways. but I still think it will make a nice little model when finished. All the parts seem to be there so no problems in that regard.
Will certainly play close attention to all the build logs to get the best out of it. when I start, so keep up the good work.
cheers.

Hedley....

Thank you for the "like". I see you are following the building log.

Have you received the Pegasus kit ?

What are your thoughts about it ?

Remember to check if every part included in the kit is there. I not only used the part sheets included in the kit. I also used the ZHL Model Video, their pictures and the pictures of the Chinese Modeler, that are very detailed, to check every piece.

Cheers
Daniel

Hi all

This week has been slow for the hobby, but nevertheless I was able to accomplish some work.

First I glued some beans (see pictures with arrows) for an internal section of the lower deck. Then I added a couple more planks to the hull and finished the internal lower deck sections. Today I sanded and gave the hull a pass of Tung Oil.

Still I need to continue with the hull planking (externally and internally)

20201114_065751.jpg20201114_070041.jpg20201114_173946.jpg20201114_174032.jpg20201114_174110.jpg20201114_174150.jpg

20201114_174250.jpg

Cheers
Daniel

Last edited:
Hello Daniel. Obviously the Tung Oil is a great match with the wood. I just trust that you have glued everything that needs to be glued to the exterior of the hull, before you applied the Tung Oil.

Back