Stationary Dockyard Crane, XVIII Century. Shipyard Card Model 1:72.

Oldpaperone,

This is a very nice looking model and makes me wonder if you know of any model that would represent a river lock.
I ask this because I have a 1/144 Clyde Puffer and I want to make a diorama with the vessel in a river lock.
Thank you input or any fellow modeler that reads this thread and has an idea of how to approach this project.
River lock 1.pngRiver lock 2.png

Oldpaperone,

This is a very nice looking model and makes me wonder if you know of any model that would represent a river lock.
I ask this because I have a 1/144 Clyde Puffer and I want to make a diorama with the vessel in a river lock.
Thank you input or any fellow modeler that reads this thread and has an idea of how to approach this project.
View attachment 254276View attachment 254277
Not really exactly what you asked for, but there are some things here:

Take good pictures, measure the dock carefully, buy the appropriate wood, and build it (taking great care to scale the project to the same scale as the model).

Oldpaperone, Thank you for the info on Shipway Miniatures. I found several item that will simplify several projects I am working on.

Bluebeard
Took these in February 2013 at the Crinian Boatyard. I went up especially when VIC 32 was out of the water for yearly maintenance and Auld Reekie (VIC 27) was being rebuilt

DSC_5994.JPGDSC_6038.JPGDSC_6048.JPG

YOU LUCKY DOG.!!!!!
Pictures
Pictures, please.
I LOVE this boat and history behind it.
Heve you seen the movie "Maggie"?

I also bought from Caldercraft "North Light Clyde Puffer Coaster Boat it 1:32 scale R/C

Yes I have the film somewhere, they used The Boer and the Inca in the film, but there are no prewar puffers left now.
Here's Spartan and Vital Spark

DSC_5912.JPGDSC_5976.JPGDSC_6004.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank You very much.
More Puffer pictures for my collection.
Trully appreciate them.
Thanks

Back