Steady/Center rest for Proxxon DB250 Lathe

On the flea-market I bought 2 Proxxon DB250's. The first one in 2019 and the second one a month ago. My first one I already changed the ball bearings like I showed before. I used high quality bearings instead the original ones, and that was a improvement. Only my electronics where not okay, the speed sometimes pending up and down. The second one I bought was okay and use that speed control and the motor in my old one. It seems a bit younger the second one. So I made from 2, one that's perfect.
Another thing I got is a second rail, and that was the idea to build a second one. Now I have a longer working space and I could fix longer mast in the tool.

IMG_2588.JPG

The only problem that I had sometimes on the shorter track was that it isn't stable in the middle. You can solve that with a steady rest. I show a picture of it....

775130.jpg 10471-10670-Feststehende-Luenette_3.jpg

Easy to duplicate, because buying in the shop will cost a lot more. I got spare parts of the second DB250 and I got some oak and aluminium of an old table, the rest will be bought on Ali express. First I got a design in AutoCAD after the measurements where taken.
This is the result of the tool in steps and I attached the plans in a pdf, so if you want to copy your free to download.

IMG_2577.JPGIMG_2578.JPGIMG_2579.JPGIMG_2580.JPGIMG_2581.JPGIMG_2582.JPGIMG_2583.JPG

This was the first time for me to make something of aluminium on my Proxxon MF70. I still love this tool more and more. Lets go on.....

IMG_2584.JPGIMG_2585.JPGIMG_2586.JPGIMG_2590.JPGIMG_2591.JPGIMG_2592.JPG

And the result on the track with a long dowel

IMG_2594.JPG

This is very stable and works just fine.

So you see I'm still working on my hobby and not only spam the forum :)

I did rearranged my hobby space by fixing some planks on the wall and new lights on the ceiling. Also I'm working on a little model of Mamoli, it was part build And I like to work on it when my shoulders hurt to much to do the rigging on the PW. It is working with the hands high and my special health chair is still on transport or order.

IMG_2595.JPGIMG_2596.JPG

IMG_2597.JPGIMG_2598.JPG

The extra motor of the Proxxon will be welcome for my next project, a drum sander.
Thanks for watching

Attachments

• steady rest final.pdf
    350.7 KB · Views: 80
Back