Steam boat in 1:24 from Russian mfg Piroscaf [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Koreets ,
Do you have a wood supplier for the pear strips?
I am interested for my ship deck and suprastructures.
I got some mahogany but not much else ,
Kind Regards,Daniel

Hello, Don @donfarr and all who would like to buy this kit. Below is the link, however, this is not a purchase link. You have to write an email To Dmitry or piroscaf@yandex.ru Here is the translation from this link

Дорогие друзья, напоминаем, что сборная модель парового катера уже поступила в продажу, по цене 14700 рублей. Во избежании мошенничества заказы принимаются только на почту piroscaf@yandex.ru. Никто никаких денег в обсуждениях группы и комментариях к новостям собирать не имеет права и никому ничего не переводить.

Dear friends, we remind you that the combined model of a steamboat has already gone on sale, at a price of 14,700 rubles. In order to avoid fraud, orders are only accepted at piroscaf@yandex.ru. No one has the right to collect any money in the group’s discussions and comments on the news and don’t transfer anything to anyone.

Yes, there are several guys who supply the pear timber. One of the best - Bibigon.
I can fully recommend this supplier - take a look here:

Sorry to post one more post with an additional interesting link....
It is 15 minutes "unboxing" of the kit on youtube -> looking like a very good kit

A 26-foot steam boat with a white double-skinned White system equipped with a single-cylinder steam engine with a power of 2 and 1/4 of the nominal forces. The boat was used to transport senior officers and was supposedly based on the armored cruiser General Admiral of the Russian Imperial Fleet of the Armed Forces of the Russian Empire.
The scale of the model is 1:24.
Main boat measurements:
- length - 28 feet 3 inches (8.61 m);
- width - 7 feet 3 inches (2.21 m);
- draft - 2 feet (0.61 m);
- weight - 72 pounds (1180 kg);
- displacement - 4.5 tons.

[QUOTE = "Бадрас-хан, должность: 104295, участник: 8568"]
Очень хорошая модель!
Какой тип дерева используется на этой модели?
С наилучшими пожеланиями, Даниэль
[/ QUOTE]
Hi,Daniel
We apologize for our disgusting English
A little information on the set of boats
28ft WATT SYSTEM STEAM BOAT (1876)
Was mounted on armored cruiser "General-Admiral"
Kit highlights:
- designed according to real archival schemes
- laser beam cutting of wood details
- developed views of external casing
- diagonal interior planking
- finewood component parts
- photoetching and resing parts
- St. Andrew's colors made of textile
- high detailing
1:24 SCALE
Over 610 pieces and ensign of Imperial Russian Navy
Length - 359 mm . width - 92 mm . height - 141 mm . Wooden model kit . Made in Russia .

Last edited:
Welcome aboard SOS, Piroscaf!! We are glad you joined our forum! One of our members @Koreets starts a build log of the new Steamboat model made by your company. It is a great addition to the already many great Russian kit manufacturers.
Based on the feedback on the thread, many of our members found your kit very interesting. The main question is: if someone decided to purchase this kit, what is the cost and process to purchase? Can you tell us more about your group, what service you are offering beside this model?

Добро пожаловать на борт SOS, Piroscaf! Мы рады, что вы присоединились к нашему форуму! Один из наших форумчан @Koreets начал сборку модели Steamboat, как оказалось, созданной вашей компанией. Отличная новость, и дополнение к уже имеющимся Российским производителям наборов. Судя по отзывам на ветке, многие наши участники сочли ваш комплект очень интересным. Главный вопрос: какова стоимость комплекта и процесс покупки? Как отсылается набор заграницу?

Еще раз приветствуем вас на форуме, Пожалуйста расскажите о Вашей группе, чем занимаетесь, какие услуги предоставляете?

С уважением Дмитрий, (модератор)
P.S. Если возникнут проблемы с Английским я помогу перевести

[QUOTE = "Бадрас-хан, должность: 104295, участник: 8568"]
Очень хорошая модель!
Какой тип дерева используется на этой модели?
С наилучшими пожеланиями, Даниэль
[/ QUOTE]
Hi,Daniel
We apologize for our disgusting English
A little information on the set of boats
28ft WATT SYSTEM STEAM BOAT (1876)
Was mounted on armored cruiser "General-Admiral"
Kit highlights:
- designed according to real archival schemes
- laser beam cutting of wood details
- developed views of external casing
- diagonal interior planking
- finewood component parts
- photoetching and resing parts
- St. Andrew's colors made of textile
- high detailing
1:24 SCALE
Over 610 pieces and ensign of Imperial Russian Navy
Length - 359 mm . width - 92 mm . height - 141 mm . Wooden model kit . Made in Russia .
Hallo @Piroscaf ,
I am very happy, that you followed my invitation to join our forum as a member, so you are able to present your developments and kits directly to our members.
As Jim mentioned already, we are highly interested in this kit and hope to see much more of your work in future.
We will open in another area a topic with general information about the kit etc. and should follow in this topic here with the building log by @Koreets - Sorry for the Slightly "off-topic" posts

Last edited:
Woodwork is finished.
Now some metalwork.
In the kit some metal parts are photoetched, some are in resin to be paint.
I am not good in painting, so after one attempt decided to change the resin parts to scratched from brass.
As for me, I think that even a child will tell the painted plastic from polished brass.
Also added nails to the places they should be.

20200529_155103.jpg20200529_171547.jpg20200529_185721.jpg20200529_191002.jpg

Nasdrovia Dmitry!! Will you let us know when you place the model on Ebay and other trading platforms? Great kit! Thanks!

Last edited:
Back