steamboats

Where find steamboat kits?
Hello Bob:

Great subject, as I build steamboat models for a living...However, based upon my daughter's findings, you can try typing these four titles in your browser. All have steamboat kits: 1. Modeler Central 2.Model Expo 3. Bluejacket Shipmodels and 4. Ebay... Ebay seem to have some good models in the classification of both plastic and wood.

Regards,

Rex

I grew up back in the 1930's in St Louis where there were still plenty of steamboats. I do forget some detail because of age, but I have built a lot of steamboats in wood & some plastic. I build a lot of plastic still in saling ships & most everything & I will be 90 in about 9 days. You don't have to quit because of age. I did a lot of reserch on riverboats & the 2 best places still are Marrieta, Ohio & Jeffersonville, Ind. , just north of Louisville, Ky. I knew the riverboat architect ( forgot name) & visited his home in Louisville as we were both model railroaders & had riverboats on our layout. He helped me get plans for the Betsy Ann , a sternwheeler. Beautiful little boat. I have it finished up to the railings & need some photo etch 1/87 railings.
There is a modeler named steve5 on another site that built the old Pyro Robt. E Lee in plastic with a ton of extras & wood laser cut decks/ I is beautiful.
Merry Christmas,, Gene Foster

Back