Super glue

I have yet been able to use super glue without it getting clogged. Is there a trick to keeping it unclogged so you can use the whole bottle?
which superglue are you using?
I am using the different tidebond types, which have a screw cap

I am using a CA adhesive, Bison, or equivalent, which comes in tubes. After a while the tubes get clogged. What helped me a lot was to keep the tube in an upright position and even then I frequently have to free up the nozzle.

I am using a CA adhesive, Bison, or equivalent, which comes in tubes. After a while the tubes get clogged. What helped me a lot was to keep the tube in an upright position and even then I frequently have to free up the nozzle.
Thanks. I was hoping there was a magical solution.

I really can fully recommend the glues from tidebond - best quality and never a problem with clogged nozzle
The four smaller bottles in the front - and btw extremely strong joints when you fix wood to wood

IMG-6633.jpg

I really can fully recommend the glues from tidebond - best quality and never a problem with clogged nozzle
The four smaller bottles in the front - and btw extremely strong joints when you fix wood to wood

View attachment 274575
Thank you Lucius. Have always used Titebond back row. Didn’t know that they made CA. Will buy some. Does their CA work with metal on wood?

I have generally avoided "Super glue" just because of my limited experience with it and from complaints from friends that use it.
I will now boldly (and carefully) move forward with this collection of information in hand.
Thanks to all
Happy Modelling.
Steven

I have generally avoided "Super glue" just because of my limited experience with it and from complaints from friends that use it.
I will now boldly (and carefully) move forward with this collection of information in hand.
Thanks to all
Happy Modelling.
Steven
CA adhesive can be obtained in various grades, from lower to higher viscosity (at least in the Netherlands). I like to use an intermediate viscosity CA adhesive, mostly driven by the fact that the lower viscosity ones behave more or less like water and are therefore more difficult to control, when applying.
Also, when applying, make sure you don't use too much. Even the intermediate viscosity ones tend to flow when too much adhesive is applied.

Thank you Lucius. Have always used Titebond back row. Didn’t know that they made CA. Will buy some. Does their CA work with metal on wood?
Loctite 401 also works with metal on wood. Loctite 401 is also available in 3 gram tubes. And I also use amazon pipettes. This way, there is not too much oxygen in the tube and the adhesive does not become tough

Last edited:
I use titebond II on my builds but have noticed during my build that the wale attachment at the stem and joining timber pop loose.

What glue would you suggest for this connection .

Thank you

Rick

Attachments

• IMG_4504.jpg
    IMG_4504.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 19
I use titebond II on my builds but have noticed during my build that the wale attachment at the stem and joining timber pop loose.

What glue would you suggest for this connection .

Thank you

Rick
Rick,
Probably superfluous, but did you form the wale to match the curvature?
Too much tension on the bond and you're in trouble.
Johan

Two other things to keep on hand, or should I say on the shelf, in case the hand is stuck.

CA de-bonder and CA activator, one to unstick what is not supposed to be together, and the other helps set the CA with less drying time.

Back