T.N. ANDREA DORIA - Transatlantico Italiano 1951 - scala 1:100 su progetti originali dei Cantieri Ansaldo di Genova. Autore Luciano Zara, Agosto 2022

Nel mese di Agosto ed esattamente il 1 dell'anno 2022, dopo circa 4700 ore di lavoro, ho potuto decretare la fine della costruzione del modello navale che ho amato di più. Mi riferisco alla rappresentazione della Nave più bella del mondo, non perchè il sottoscritto ha tentato di ricostruirla, ma perchè essa ha rappresentato l'eleganza in assoluto nei mari, mi riferisco alla Turbo Nave ANDREA DORIA. La storia dell'Andrea Doria è nota in tutto il mondo, e il desiderio di costruire il modello ( scala 1:100) nonostante questa notevole importanza, mi ha dato maggior motivo a tentare l'impresa. Desidero condividere con Voi alcune foto del Mio Doria

In the month of August and exactly on the 1st of the year 2022, after about 4700 hours of work, I was able to decree the end of the construction of the naval model that I loved the most. I am referring to the representation of the most beautiful ship in the world, not because the undersigned has attempted to rebuild it, but because it has represented absolute elegance in the seas, I am referring to the Turbo Ship ANDREA DORIA. The story of the Andrea Doria is known all over the world, and the desire to build the model (1:100 scale) despite this considerable importance, gave me even more reason to attempt the enterprise. I would like to share some photos of the Mio Doria with you

001.JPG001.JPG019.JPG031.JPG067.JPG093.JPG106.JPG130.JPG182.jpg256.jpg370.jpg392.jpg453.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@ELHOIM , obviously a work of passion and art. Beautiful model.

I’d like to share that I have a personal connection to the Andrea Doria. I had the pleasure of having known one of the survivors of that fateful crash. He was a child when his parents brought him to the United States on the Andria Doria never expecting to be a part of maritime history. He worked as a courier for NBC News and I worked for a competitor, ABC. I would see him often in the ‘80’s and ‘90’s and he would tell me about that episode in his life. Until I met Anthony, the Stockholm and the Andria Doria were an interesting news story but his stories personalized the disaster. I’ve since lost contact with him unfortunately.

Thank you so much for all of your compliments; I'd like to say for me it has been a very challenging and inspiring experience. I felt that I was facing a great responsibility and I had fears of not being up to the task because of the history behind the model and all of the people involved with that tragedy. For me, it was fundamental to honour them and honour the model that I was building. There's been a great emotion during the historical research, and it's happened that during the construction of some parts of the model, it was like I'd experienced first-hand what those people felt, and it was like I was almost there, to revive those terrible moments. But the greatest emotion of all was when I delivered the model to the museum in front of a big audience. When I retold the whole story of the tragedy and the whole building process of the model, I saw in many people the same emotions that I felt myself. History then came alive and all those heroes and all that suffering of the past were in front of us again, to teach us and let us remember.
I'd also like to add that this model was the one-hundredth of my career as a builder.
Thank you so much again.

Nel mese di Agosto ed esattamente il 1 dell'anno 2022, dopo circa 4700 ore di lavoro, ho potuto decretare la fine della costruzione del modello navale che ho amato di più. Mi riferisco alla rappresentazione della Nave più bella del mondo, non perchè il sottoscritto ha tentato di ricostruirla, ma perchè essa ha rappresentato l'eleganza in assoluto nei mari, mi riferisco alla Turbo Nave ANDREA DORIA. La storia dell'Andrea Doria è nota in tutto il mondo, e il desiderio di costruire il modello ( scala 1:100) nonostante questa notevole importanza, mi ha dato maggior motivo a tentare l'impresa. Desidero condividere con Voi alcune foto del Mio Doria

In the month of August and exactly on the 1st of the year 2022, after about 4700 hours of work, I was able to decree the end of the construction of the naval model that I loved the most. I am referring to the representation of the most beautiful ship in the world, not because the undersigned has attempted to rebuild it, but because it has represented absolute elegance in the seas, I am referring to the Turbo Ship ANDREA DORIA. The story of the Andrea Doria is known all over the world, and the desire to build the model (1:100 scale) despite this considerable importance, gave me even more reason to attempt the enterprise. I would like to share some photos of the Mio Doria with you

View attachment 373566View attachment 373566View attachment 373567View attachment 373568View attachment 373569View attachment 373570View attachment 373571View attachment 373572View attachment 373573View attachment 373574View attachment 373575View attachment 373576View attachment 373577
Hallo @ELHOIM
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back