Tamiya CVN65 ENTERPRISE, 1:350

The model I have is built as far as I can go with it right now. I had to order a few pieces to finish it and the person for whom I am building this ship has gone back North for the summer so when I get the parts I'll finish it this summer and he can have it in the fall. Got a few pictures for ya. Still need the 65 for the tower and a couple of deck antennas on it and then it will be complete. There is a hanger deck with almost as many planes in it as are on the deck. I will never buy ao many extra airplanes again for any model. I went nuts putting all the tiny decals on and painting them. Since my friend and his son served on the Big E I know it will have a good home. I was told a story about a friend of my friend on the ship who took a nap on top of one of the life rafts near the edge of the ship and fell overboard. He was never seen again. I also see that I forgot the rigging on the tower. Have to get that too and the 65 on the bow. Guess I'm not done yet after all. My Cutty Sark is getting further and further behind.
Hallo @Norgale
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Enjoy your special day

Yup, it's number 82 and still going---so far. Thanks for the good wishes and I'm getting high wind and ,later on, rain for today. Some people are getting some serious snow too. At least it's not cold. I don't handle the cold very well although it's better than the high heat we get around here. looking forward to another year of SOS. Pete

Back