Ten-oared boat 25 feet, Scale 1:72 by Falconet

Vladimir has gone to extraordinary lengths to expedite my order of several 'FALCONET' 1:72 boat kits.

2 of each 4, 6 and 10 oared boats.

Look forward to receiving them.
The shipping is the killer; the kits themselves aren't expensive, hence the multi order due taking advantage of the 1kg shipping category.

Looks to be a busy winter!

Thanks for the masting suggestion, though I would have thought lug-sails would have been more practical and convenient?
I assume the 'shrouds' would be anchored to belay pins on a rail inside of the gunnels?

In the last picture the oars appear to be set up for each rower to being using two oars. I do not recall ever seeing a set up with a pair of oars for one rower on the ships' boats, thus my question. I have only seen double banked with two rowers per thwart or single banked with one rower and one oar per man on alternating thwarts on pinnaces and other boats with less breadth. Great model, great photography!!
Thanks Dirk,

Allan

Usually jpg is a good way to go because it is in most cases smaller, png is a great fileformat with one big, important difference to jpg, it has an transparent alpha channel. As example Logo on a different colored background.

PDF is just a "container" it can include a wide variety of file formats, an image in a pdf can be a pixel based non good scalable image like a jpg or png, or it can include a vector based fully scalable image format like dwg, dfx and else. It can even include different video formats. It's just a container.

I get regularly a laugh when I get a pdf with just a jpg, why the heck not sending just the jpg dear customer :-)

To "hate" any of this is a strange emotion though as all of these has their usecase. :-D

cheers

Dirk

I simply find JPG easier to manipulate images.
No part of a PDF can be treated like that....the entire file is set in stone, images can't be copied or expanded, text can't be highlighted, edited or moved.

Anyway, what has this to do with ten oared boats?

As to shared experiences....

I'm getting confused with the 'FALCONET' family, please help clear my muddy waters.

Are 'Falconet' and 'Dubz Modelling World one and the same?
What association with the above do 'Dirk' and 'Vladimir' (Yakunchikov?) have?

Who would like to answer questions about the kits and build issues.

Is there a definitive list of currently available 'Falconet' products?

Thank you

Back