terence(terry}

building black pearl dodgy one bought on e bay see attc picture can see lots of parts missing also about third way into building the victory if there is anybody out there that can tell me where I can get missing parts (instructions) where parts go I would be most grateful victory is easy but black pearl as you can see has a long way to go walking on the steps now terry

IMG_1385.JPGIMG_1378.JPGIMG_1383.JPGhe HMS Victory att picture

You are a busy modeler....
sending you a warm welcome here on board of our forum.

Welcome to SOS - I am a little confused -
1. which model has the missing parts? The Black Pearl or the Victory?
2 Are both of these kits from eBay?
3. Who is the manufacturer of the kits? not all kits have the same plans
4. currently, the last time I checked there are at least 15 different versions of the HMS Victory on the market -

We need more info to help.

I have found it more and more that ship kits bought from eBay usually the plans, manuals and some parts have been removed from the box and then resold. This is a shame and I wish that the sellers that do this would cease to do this as it is not right and it is not fair to the consumer. Now, I am not saying that this is the case for you. But anytime someone mentions eBay on here, the flags go up.
I am sorry that you have a kit or whatever that is missing the contents. It is unfortunate that plans and manuals would have to be gotten from the manufacture and I am not even sure if they would sell you those items.

Welcome to SOS - I am a little confused -
1. which model has the missing parts? The Black Pearl or the Victory?
2 Are both of these kits from eBay?
3. Who is the manufacturer of the kits? not all kits have the same plans
4. currently, the last time I checked there are at least 15 different versions of the HMS Victory on the market -

We need more info to help.

I have found it more and more that ship kits bought from eBay usually the plans, manuals and some parts have been removed from the box and then resold. This is a shame and I wish that the sellers that do this would cease to do this as it is not right and it is not fair to the consumer. Now, I am not saying that this is the case for you. But anytime someone mentions eBay on here, the flags go up.
I am sorry that you have a kit or whatever that is missing the contents. It is unfortunate that plans and manuals would have to be gotten from the manufacture and I am not even sure if they would sell you those items.

Re missing parts its the Black pearl which has so many parts and information what parts go where on the model managed to download some instructions from Facebook which got me going but the further I got with the model I discovered more and more parts missing I.e. maidenhead and lights which go on the stern of the ship. I sent an email to Z.H.L. asking where could purchase missing parts and was told you did not purchase from us so here I am purchased the model on Email BAD news never again and now thanks to ship of scale hoping to finish the black pearl regards terence

Re missing parts its the Black pearl which has so many parts and information what parts go where on the model managed to download some instructions from Facebook which got me going but the further I got with the model I discovered more and more parts missing I.e. maidenhead and lights which go on the stern of the ship. I sent an email to Z.H.L. asking where could purchase missing parts and was told you did not purchase from us so here I am purchased the model on Email BAD news never again and now thanks to ship of scale hoping to finish the black pearl regards terence

personally i search Ebay for kits and parts and found out there are people like Donnie said, who will sell incomplete kits, kits with missing parts, plans and instructions. Sad to say these dealers do not back up what they sell, it comes down to buyer beware.
When buying kits you should buy from respectable dealers like ZHL if you purchase a kit from them and there is something wrong they will fix it. It has been posted time and time again that ZHL manufactures kits some questionable as copied. Truth is ZHL is a hobby dealer that sells different kits from a host of manufactures, granted they may manufacture a kit or two but the majority are just sold by ZHL.

ZHL does not sell or replace kit parts if they did not sell you the kit, which is understandable.

These kits with missing parts sell for less and can be a good deal if you can make the parts yourself, as far as instructions and plans that is what SoS is for. Study the build logs and ask the builders questions. The hobby is about sharing information and helping one another.

Re missing parts its the Black pearl which has so many parts and information what parts go where on the model

this is where sos shines post a picture of the part or parts in question and someone here will respond. This is the only and i replete the only international forum where you can get such information on any kit.

I discovered more and more parts missing

list those missing parts and someone will help you make your own replacement part. i doubt you will be able to buy the part

Donnie said
currently, the last time I checked there are at least 15 different versions of the HMS Victory on the market -

i did notice Donnie at one time said there were 27 different victory kits now at least 15, the amount of victory kits is not the point, the point is there are a number? of victory kit being sold some are so close the parts may be interchangeable like one kit copied another. Really how different can one kit be from one another when they are all the same ship?

i just want to say SoS is growing at a mind boggling rate and has become the best international forum that covers any and all kits, scratch building, CAD design, and everything that has to do with the hobby bar none.
Take advantage of this resource ask us before you buy a kit from Ebay or any dealer, ask about the quality, ask if anyone has experience with any dealer, ask us anything someone will respond.

Back