Thank you for the welcome!

My name is Jamie, and I’ve been building models since the late 60s. I’m retired now, so have a lot more time for model building. I’ve worked with wood, but am actually more comfortable with plastic kits, which I rework (I never build straight out f box). Current projects are 1/350 USS KEARSARGE LHD3, and Revell USS CONSTITUTION (1803 fit). One of my proudest builds was a diorama of the TITANIC wreck for a documentary in 1990 (before people were building dioramas of the wreck.)

Last edited:
My name is Jamie, and I’ve been building models since the late 60s. I’m retired now, so have a lot more time for model building. I’ve worked with wood, but am actually more comfortable with plastic kits, which I rework (I never build straight out f box). Current projects are 1/350 USS KEARSARGE LHD3, and Revell USS CONSTITUTION (1803 fit). One of my proudest builds was a diorama of the TITANIC wreck for a documentary in 1990 (before people were building dioramas of the wreck.

Welcome aboard!!I really hope you are going to start a build log for your current work ,also you can show your finished models in the Completed builds area.

Thank you, all, for the warm welcome! I'm a crappy writer, more a visual person (had a career in television, photography, and illustration), but I'll try putting together some kind of build log! :oops:
As Greg stated: "the only limitations that are on you, are the ones that you put on yourself." Thanx, Greg, for that reminder!!

My name is Jamie, and I’ve been building models since the late 60s. I’m retired now, so have a lot more time for model building. I’ve worked with wood, but am actually more comfortable with plastic kits, which I rework (I never build straight out f box). Current projects are 1/350 USS KEARSARGE LHD3, and Revell USS CONSTITUTION (1803 fit). One of my proudest builds was a diorama of the TITANIC wreck for a documentary in 1990 (before people were building dioramas of the wreck.)
Hallo Jamie alias @Myhr99
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hallo Jamie alias @Myhr99
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
one more year, but I am sure you still feel like 69, or?

Back