Thank you

Hey Bob,

welcome to the forums !
There is a ship modeling club (Tampa Bay Ship Model Society) that meets in St. Pete. Meetings are held at 10:30 a.m. on the fourth Tuesday of each month except December (none). Location is the lower level of Trinity Lutheran Church, 411-5th St. N., St. Petersburg.

Hope to see you there !

Jeff

Hey Bob,

welcome to the forums !
There is a ship modeling club (Tampa Bay Ship Model Society) that meets in St. Pete. Meetings are held at 10:30 a.m. on the fourth Tuesday of each month except December (none). Location is the lower level of Trinity Lutheran Church, 411-5th St. N., St. Petersburg.

Hope to see you there !

Jeff
Thanks for the invite. I would love to be able to meet some of you in person but I'm in a wheel chair and It's hard for me to get around. One quick question are there any local ( Tampa ) suppliers or do you get everything mail order.

I'm up in Sugarmill Woods (just south of Crystal River), so I don't know of suppliers in Tampa. I guess I should start doing some research on that front. I just moved back into the area about 9 months ago. There is a HobbyTown in Brandon, but last I checked they had nothing for wood ship models, so I've done everything through the internet.

What area of Tampa? I can ask at the next meeting and see if there is anyone that can assist you getting there. :)

Jeff

I don’t know of any shops in Tampa. Phils Hobby Shop (I was just there) in Pinellas Park, ME Hobbies in Wesley Chapel and Hobby Town in Wesley Chapel all carry some wooden and plastic ship models. They all also carry good selection of hobby tools. There is also a hobby shop in Clearwater, on Gulf to Bay Blvd, that carries a good selection of plastic ship models. I can’t think of its name right now.

Bill

I don’t know of any shops in Tampa. Phils Hobby Shop (I was just there) in Pinellas Park, ME Hobbies in Wesley Chapel and Hobby Town in Wesley Chapel all carry some wooden and plastic ship models. They all also carry good selection of hobby tools. There is also a hobby shop in Clearwater, on Gulf to Bay Blvd, that carries a good selection of plastic ship models. I can’t think of its name right now.

Bill
Thanks Bill !
Do you go to the Tampa club meetings?

Hi Jeff,
I have been trying to get down to St. Pete to attend some meetings, but I have not made it to a meeting yet.

Bill

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Hi Jeff,
I have been trying to get down to St. Pete to attend some meetings, but I have not made it to a meeting yet.

Bill
Hey @Bill-R

There is a meeting this coming Tuesday if you can make it.

As a side note, it appears that ME hobbies is closed. There was a sign on the building, but the doors were locked and it was about noon.

Wow! I hate to see another hobby shop close their doors.
I just finished moving to Tallahassee FL, so I will need to find a new source of hobby needs. I will be in the Tampa Bay area about once a month, but not this Tuesday. Maybe next month.

Bill

Back