thanks for having me

I'm Bill, a civil engineer from North Carolina. I love working with my hands and this hobby and (hopefully) making beautiful ships. I started with Mamoli's Constitution and got all the siding done and copper plates. Then I thought I'd see how the metal piece on the bow would look. Turned out I planked a little too far forward and the metal piece wouldn't fit. :( So as I have longed to do the Victory, it was my chance to order it and get started. P.S. I also ordered a new Constitution from Model Shipways. (We'll call the first one a good learning experience.) If I can get anywhere close to the results you guys have shown in this forum, I'll be a happy man.

victory skeleton.jpeg

also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Update: I have attached the gunport patterns with what i hope is only minor problems. The middle pattern between the first two gunports was bulging out a bit.
i sanded it down as far as i dared and had to reinforce behind it with some wood putty. I hope I can work it out as things progress. Have started on the first planking which seems to be going well.Victory build 3.jpg

Update: I have attached the gunport patterns with what i hope is only minor problems. The middle pattern between the first two gunports was bulging out a bit.
i sanded it down as far as i dared and had to reinforce behind it with some wood putty. I hope I can work it out as things progress. Have started on the first planking which seems to be going well.View attachment 345826
Looking very good - happy to see, that you make some progress.
Maybe it would be good, that you start a building log of your project - it would be very interesting to follow

I'm Bill, a civil engineer from North Carolina. I love working with my hands and this hobby and (hopefully) making beautiful ships. I started with Mamoli's Constitution and got all the siding done and copper plates. Then I thought I'd see how the metal piece on the bow would look. Turned out I planked a little too far forward and the metal piece wouldn't fit. :( So as I have longed to do the Victory, it was my chance to order it and get started. P.S. I also ordered a new Constitution from Model Shipways. (We'll call the first one a good learning experience.) If I can get anywhere close to the results you guys have shown in this forum, I'll be a happy man.
Hallo @wmartin
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back