Thanks for the warm welcome!

I started modeling about 35 years ago in Florida as my boss at that time encouraged me to take up the hobby. I purchased the Sterling Models B21M 49.5L "Emma C. Berry" and the Model Shipways 5/64 scale 32 gun frigate USS Essex. I stated the "Berry" in Oklahoma City after being transferred there in 1976 as the new district manager. After finishing the hull I put the kit away as I was transferred to Houston and traveled weekly. After retiring I decided it was time to get back to modeling and picked up with the "Berry". At the same time I started with the "Essex" and have completed the planking and decking. I can't wait to finish both as I have purchased several other kits that I want to get started on. We are also building a new retirement home with a large "bedroom" that will be my new hobby workshop area! I'm excited to be a part of the "Ships of Scale" forum, and learning more about this great hobby! "Magic Mike"

IMG_0805.JPGIMG_0806.JPGIMG_0803.JPG

I started modeling about 35 years ago in Florida as my boss at that time encouraged me to take up the hobby. I purchased the Sterling Models B21M 49.5L "Emma C. Berry" and the Model Shipways 5/64 scale 32 gun frigate USS Essex. I stated the "Berry" in Oklahoma City after being transferred there in 1976 as the new district manager. After finishing the hull I put the kit away as I was transferred to Houston and traveled weekly. After retiring I decided it was time to get back to modeling and picked up with the "Berry". At the same time I started with the "Essex" and have completed the planking and decking. I can't wait to finish both as I have purchased several other kits that I want to get started on. We are also building a new retirement home with a large "bedroom" that will be my new hobby workshop area! I'm excited to be a part of the "Ships of Scale" forum, and learning more about this great hobby! "Magic Mike"
Hallo @Magic Mike
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
How is your work on the two projects? Or you jumped already to another one?

Hallo @Magic Mike
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

You came to Oklahoma City in 1976 and that is when I left town to join the Air Force and see the world.

Have fun working in retirement on the ships.

When I first started messing around with Model Shipways solid hull boat, I tried the chisel/ carving method of thinning things out. Got frustrated, bought a Dremel too with sanding drum, and carving bits. It completely changed the experience....

Back