the Colonial Schooner Hannah in 1/48 [COMPLETED BUILD]

I am an ardent admirer of your work @shota70 and salute your willingness to go the extra mile to make sure your work meets your standards. Keep safe my friend.

thank you very much for the support
my dear friend's Thumbs-Up Ship-1
Your lead and mention using alcohol as a solvent stimulated me to do the same for a few of the closing planks and Garboards on my Bluenose. Biggest problem after gently prying the planks out was removing the gooey adhesive from the somewhat wet wood beneath. Your decision led me to the same tack. I know that you re-planking will come out well with the corrections that you are aware of making. Rich (PT-2)

Good evening friends
In the last day I have taken a step back in the process , and all this to step two forward in the quality of construction.
In the Last Friday I met with the numbers of friends from the group of shipbuilders from Israel, including stuglo. he brought to my attention that the planking is not of a uniform height because the ribs are not of a uniform and flowing height (I must admit I felt this about a week ago, and probably needed the encouragement of stuglo to upgrade Quality of work).
In order to remove the boards I injected medical alcohol between the ribs and the planking boards.
So I removed the planking boards and started sanding the ribs are not at the required height and emphasizing the ones that stand out even with the tenths of a millimeter.
I use various sanding pads as well as a mechanical sander topped with a round sanding board.
I have quite a few more hours of sanding and smoothing until the planking resumes.

View attachment 197178View attachment 197179View attachment 197180View attachment 197181View attachment 197182View attachment 197183View attachment 197184View attachment 197185View attachment 197186View attachment 197187
Wishing us a continued pleasant weekend full of enjoyment
Hard decision to make, but the end result is worth. Framing looks great!

It's always easy to just accept what we have done already and try to do better moving forward, I am Guilty of this to often. I applaud you for the courage to remove what's glued down and rework the model. Your efforts will be well worth the it I'm sure. looking forward to the new improved planking.

This is very similar to the Oregon/Olympic track coach, Bill Bowerman (Nike waffle running shoe inventor) who said that in training when an injury happens the athlete must return to the bottom of his training process and start all over again. Maybe the frames have not come off but your sanding and re-fairing is in that vein. It will come out well. Rich (PT-2)

It was a hard step to make, but like you wrote - It is a very good step to better quality - Great

Hello dear friends
After about ten days of sanding and smoothing the frames, I produce and glue a new planking. The effort and persistence do give the desired result. In my opinion the result has indeed improved in its quality.
20201213_210021.jpg20201213_210004.jpg20201213_205941.jpg20201213_205916.jpg20201213_205828.jpg

Last edited:
Hello dear friends
After about ten days of sanding and smoothing the frames, I produce and glue a new planking. The effort and persistence do give the desired result. In my opinion the result has indeed improved in its quality.
View attachment 198565View attachment 198566View attachment 198567View attachment 198568View attachment 198569

I think only a modeller can look at these pictures and get completely inspired by the beauty and perfect symmetry of the frames. Much like staring at the perfection of a golden sunset. Thanks @shota70 for sharing.

WarrLight, pianoforte, Jimsky, Gennaro , PoulD, PT-2
thank you very much my dear friend's

Back