the Colonial Schooner Hannah in 1/48 [COMPLETED BUILD]

It is very unfortunate to hear and see the flood damage in Germany, Netherlands, Belgium and neighboring countries. Pain is first and foremost the life of the person affected and also the property that will take some time to recover. Be strong, our hearts are with you :(:eek:

DEAR Steef66
I was not aware of the extent of the damage in the Netherlands, in what area and city were the photos taken? It looks awful, we have beautiful memories of the Netherlands and its citizens who received us very nicely when we traveled there. Hopefully the rains will stop soon and you will be able to repair the damage and the early ruins.

DEAR Steef66
I was not aware of the extent of the damage in the Netherlands, in what area and city were the photos taken? It looks awful, we have beautiful memories of the Netherlands and its citizens who received us very nicely when we traveled there. Hopefully the rains will stop soon and you will be able to repair the damage and the early ruins.
I'm Lucky here. Live just far enough from the river Maas. But cities like Maastricht, Meerssen, Wessem, vlodrop, Roermond, Venlo along the Maas aren't so Lucky. Luik in Belgium and Especially Germany are hit hard. In Germany there are hundreds of People missing, 150 drowned in their on houses or take by the water and died. So strange to see these images. We never seen this before. A town called Valkenburg near Maastricht is totally ruined. I love this town before to stay there. Bin there a lot in holidays, nice place to drink special beer outside.
Every town along the Maas to Rotterdam will be hit by the water the next days.

I'm Lucky here. Live just far enough from the river Maas. But cities like Maastricht, Meerssen, Wessem, vlodrop, Roermond, Venlo along the Maas aren't so Lucky. Luik in Belgium and Especially Germany are hit hard. In Germany there are hundreds of People missing, 150 drowned in their on houses or take by the water and died. So strange to see these images. We never seen this before. A town called Valkenburg near Maastricht is totally ruined. I love this town before to stay there. Bin there a lot in holidays, nice place to drink special beer outside.
Every town along the Maas to Rotterdam will be hit by the water the next days.
Unfortunate to hear, take care of yourself. The truth is that the issue of floods is getting attention in the media here in my country.

hello dear friends
Today I finished to working on the lower and the upper deck . I actually created an Kant / designed board that filled the space between the frames and the deck.
This is another small step in the process of creating the details and parts of the ship that create the finishes and beauty alongside the attachments to precision and the desire for loyalty to the ship’s original plans.
20210723_153213.jpg20210723_162945.jpg20210723_163030.jpg20210723_163050.jpg

May we all have a pleasant and enjoyable weekend :) Thumbsup 20210723_163021.jpg

good evening dear friends
Today I started the process of preparing the channels. I took a pear wood board, and sliced boards from it a little over 3/32 inch thick. Next I sanded the boards to get the required thickness and also that the surface of the board would be smooth.
then I printed a copy of the channels and cut according to the boundaries of the listing. I glued the shape with rubber cement to the wooden boards. 20210730_131245.jpg20210730_133556.jpg20210730_142546.jpg20210730_143541.jpg
Next I sawed the boards and later I smoothed the boards according to the contours of the shape. I did the sanding with the help of a very successful purchase I made about a year ago, wen's spindle sander. 20210730_153038.jpg20210730_163501.jpg20210730_151437.jpg
I then created the gaps in the wider panel where the brass strips would go.
I am still at the beginning of the construction process of the channels, I will continue to share the process until I reach a worthy result!
I wish us all a pleasant and enjoyable weekend

Back