the Colonial Schooner Hannah in 1/48 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Happy Birthday.

I just spent the last two hours reading your log. What a great build. I look forward to seeing more.

Jan
Hope you have a great day happy birthday sir
Happy birthday Shota! Many more to come.

Thank you so much dear friends,
indeed it was a lovely day for me, I just got back from a festive and delicious meal at a restaurant that my wife organized. Thank you for all the compliments on the model and the work process. May we all continue to enjoy our lives, family, friends and hobbies.

A very happy birthday to you Shota - belated as it is. I have not commented much lately, but have still been following. You were in my mind a lot during these trying times that could not have been easy. I am glad to see that some of form of normality has been restored.

Hello dear friends
Today I returned to building the ship, after about ten days of respite from the construction work. Because of the birthday celebrations of my twins who celebrated their 12th birthday and also my birthday which was about five days ago. Really fun to go back to the craft of building that creates peace of mind. Today I focused on building The Riding Bitts.

Attaches photos from the process and the construction result
20210604_193610.jpg20210604_193525.jpg20210604_220852.jpg20210604_221031.jpg20210604_221109.jpg20210604_221113.jpg

It is great to see that you have resumed your activities after the short respite. Enjoy your family my friend and cherish the time that you can spend with them.

Hello my friend, I am impressed with your work and continue to wonder about your craftsmanship development. As the matter of fact, I would improve your already presentable binnacle by adding a ventilation pipe similar to the images below. How about that?

View attachment 238009
Dear friend
I built it according to the practicum and the drawings of the Practicum by Robert E. Hunt and the pipe or chimney did not appear in them.Screenshot_20210609-221839_Drive.jpg

Not every binnacle had this small chimney like shown in Jimsky photo or also known from the HMS Victory.
Originally these tripartited were called a "bittacle", the glassed cabinet often in front of the wheel housed two compasses and a lamp or candle for night time in the middle. The copper funnel was necessary to vent the candle.
You can find such a duble binnacle on the deck of the Nonsuch in Manitoba - on one side is the compass, on the other side behind the door the lamp and you can see a very small ventilation pipe on top

Hello dear friends
Today I started preparing and laying the boards of the upper deck.
20210611_173121.jpg20210611_173032.jpg20210611_172956.jpg
The truth is that in recent days I feel like an athlete entering the last line of the journey to which he has embarked. It's a mixed feeling in which I look at what I went through in terms of developing construction skills from scratche, with a sense of learning, enjoyment and satisfaction. On the other hand, I find it a little difficult to finish something that has given me such pleasure and a sense of self-fulfillment. It is clear to me that the last quarter of the construction process is just as important as its predecessors because of the importance of the finishes and precisely that they will highlight the beauty of the ship.
Wishing us all a pleasant and enjoyable weekend:)

The deck is moving along swiftly Shota! I understand your sense of sentimentality towards your build. However, with the finality of the one, comes the dawning of a new era - the beginning of a new model! Have you decided on your following subject?

Hello dear friends
in the past weekend I progressed a bit with the laying and gluing of the top deck panels.
20210611_173121.jpg
20210609_205310.jpg

I have a question for you guys, should and how should I fill the space between the sides of the ship in the part above the deck?

Back