The fate of the HMS Bounty

Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:24 pm •

Just heard right now about the fate of the HMS Bounty in the super storm sandy. That's a bad impact and makes me really sad. She sunk off the coast of North Carolina.
Please all together out there, thanks to god for the rescue of her crew by the US coast guard and please send a pray to find the missing captain!!!
Daniel

http://news.yahoo.com/crew-rescued-hms-bounty-hurricane-rages-captain-missing-001141727.html

I needed to let you read the message I received a few hours ago from a friend. Please, go and watch also the above reference to Yahoo.
I have no words, not for the dear old ship that has inspired me as a child to love the tall ships, not for Captain Robin Walbridge, 62, who for 17 years headed the great vessel and which is missing but probably already dead, remained on board until the last minute to make sure that his men were rescued... This was a true man and a real sailor! I invite those who read these few lines to address a dutiful thought to the last great sailing seaman and his ship that has done us so much to dream.
Laerte

The loss of a ship with such a history is a sad thing. To save all except the Captain is a heroic feat that the Coast guard performed.
It is probably one of the most modeled ships that a lot of us have built in the USA, either in plastic or wood.

Back