The Final Book

TWEEN SEA & SHORE

Finally, I've completed the series of historical nautical fiction books that cover the life of La Renommée, the French frigate of 1744 and a favorite ship model build. The first two books cover the ship's commanders, both French and English (after its capture in 1747), and their family life. The action and journeys in the stories are taken from historical records that I researched for over a decade from sources in the UK and France. The last and newest book, On Waves of Glory, feature the first captain of the frigate, Count Guy de Kersaint, one of France's greatest commanders of the period. His adventures needed a whole volume and were indeed extraordinary, exemplifying the term "iron men" in the Age of Sail. De Kersaint sailed to the Americas, Africa, India and fought the Chickasaw in Louisiana, the Barbary Coast pirates, and the English along the Coromandel Coast and in the Atlantic. His final act is still controversial in French marine history.

Also on my website, at https://stockmanbooks.com, is a FREE pdf monograph booklet about the history, commanders, captures, construction, and lots more on the La Rennommée, as well as an Addendum to the series of books with foreign phrases, maps, and other information to make reading the series easier for those not familiar with the nautical and foreign terms. The entire collection of books is published by FireShip Press and available in paperback and Kindle at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, ThriftBooks, Kobo, and other online booksellers. Enjoy the adventures!

3 Books On Planks.jpg

Back