The first 2 Wood Boats I built some 10 years ago

Visited my Brother and while I was at the house I saw the first 2 boats I ever built sitting on a shelf in his man cave they aint pretty, but hey they are still holding together. I told him the day I gave them to him that they were dust magnets. The oars are missing from the canoe said his son used to play with the boats in the tub and pool. I never gave much thought to them actually floating, but he said they do.

20180821_182418.jpg20180821_182445.jpg

Uwek

Administrative
Staff member
Administrative

Realy good work for the first attempts ever - and a great recall of the starting this hobby - your brother and his family kept them well, although cruising at the pool

Realy good work for the first attempts ever - and a great recall of the starting this hobby - your brother and his family kept them well, although cruising at the pool
Thanx Prior to building ships I built a lot of Balsa planes old school stick and tissue as well as kits with monokote covering. I was surprised to see the boats didn't fall apart from the water. I guess the sealer I used did its job well they are now display boats as his kids are now older and no longer play with them