THE FISHING SCHOONER ANNIE M PARKER by Canoe21 { Lawrence }, Scale 1: 50

Canoe21

Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates

Here is a build off a little Fishing Schooner that I built in Honer of my Great Grand Father Captain Angus Hines who commanded the Annie M Parker for a number of years in the early 1900'S. This was a very enjoyable little ship to build and very much a learning experience. I got a set of line plans from the Smithsonian Institutions in Washington, DC. and with a lot of research, this is what I came up with, not the best for sure but my family and I are rather pleased with her.

To view my little Building the Fishing Schooner Annie M Parker Build please click on the link below and then click play once the card opens, this is much nicer at a full screen and also turn your speakers on as I have added a bit of background music, at the end hit Esc on your keyboardHoyne_New Ways on Baq.jpg  111.jpg18651.jpgscan0063_edited.jpg
My Great Grand Father Captain Angus Hines

to close,
ENJOY
Regards Canoe21 {Lawrence }

PLEASE WATCH MY LITTLE SLIDESHOW ON THE BUILDING OF THE FISHING SCHOONER ANNIE M PARKER
Thank you Lawrence

http://www.smilebox.com/playBlog/4e4455794d7a6b7a4d7a453d0d0a&blogview=true

Last edited:
Fantastic Lawrence, really enjoyed your presentation.

Who is the artist singing Galway Shawl?

That was a beautiful presentation for a fine model, and the background singer really added greatly to the pleasure of watching it - excellent job.
Bob

GemmaJF said:

Hello Gemma

I thank you very much for your visit to my little slide show, and for your very nice words and comments. I am pleased that you liked it, the Galaway Shawl singer I do not know as it is in a list of songs in Smile Box, but it has a rather catchy tune, ENJOY.

Regards Canoe21 { Lawrence }

shipbuilder said:
That was a beautiful presentation for a fine model, and the background singer really added greatly to the pleasure of watching it - excellent job.
Bob

Helo Bob
I thank you very much for your visit to my little slide show on my Great Grand Fathers Fishing Schooner, for your very kind words and overly nice comments, ENJOY.

Canoe21 said:
GemmaJF said:

Hello Gemma

I thank you very much for your visit to my little slide show, and for your very nice words and comments. I am pleased that you liked it, the Galaway Shawl singer I do not know as it is in a list of songs in Smile Box, but it has a rather catchy tune, ENJOY.

Thanks Lawrence, I will see if I can find out who the singer was. I'm more of a fan of the gravelly male singers in Irish folk (Fureys, Dubliners, Pogques) but I thought the version of Galway Shawl compliment your build so well and enjoyed it so much it has got me intrigued who the vocalist is!

She is a beauty, Lawrence. Very nice video! Glad I got to come along for the ride while you were building her.

All the best -

trippwj said:
She is a beauty, Lawrence. Very nice video! Glad I got to come along for the ride while you were building her.

All the best -

Hello Wayne

I thank you very much for your visit to my little slide show on my Great Grand Fathers Fishing Schooner. I am very pleased that you enjoyed my little extra efforts top bring it to my ship mates here on the SOS Form. Donnie helped me a lot in being able to up load it to the Form, he is very helpful and I am such a pain. Nice to heer from you again, I do supose that you have your new Ship Yard completed by now, from what I have seen you are very lucky to have such a nice and large work area, ENJOY

Regards Lawrence

Lawrence

What a great tribute to your Great Grand Father Captain Angus Hines. He would be impressed as we all are.

A excellent build and I look eagerly to other slide shows of your other builds

Cheers
Geoff

Aussie048 said:
Lawrence

What a great tribute to your Great Grand Father Captain Angus Hines. He would be impressed as we all are.

A excellent build and I look eagerly to other slide shows of your other builds

Cheers
Geoff

Hello Geoff

I thank you very much for your visit to my build log on the little Fishing Schooner the Annie M Parker. For your very kind words and overly nice comments. Yes, I have been thinking of a slide show on the HMS Bounty, but still, have a few things top finish up around home first, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

This is outstanding! Attention to detail must run in the family.
Many Blessings,
Jonathan Porter
(Distant cousin: Son of Edward Porter, son of Willetta Pothier, Daughter of Chesley Hines)

Hello Ship Mates

Just finishing up reposting all of my lost pictures in my build logs and decided to add a few more pictures od my Great Grand Fathers fishing schooner that he sailed out of Glouster, Mass. in the early 1900ths. ENJOY.

Regards LawrenceView attachment 24307View attachment 24308View attachment 24309View attachment 24310View attachment 24311View attachment 24312View attachment 24313View attachment 24314View attachment 24315View attachment 24316View attachment 24317View attachment 24318
Good morning Lawrence. I just found this ! Wonderful schooner! And a personal history attachment. You and the little fellows have talent. Cheers Grant

This is outstanding! Attention to detail must run in the family.
Many Blessings,
Jonathan Porter
(Distant cousin: Son of Edward Porter, son of Willetta Pothier, Daughter of Chesley Hines)
Hello Jonathan, I thank you very much for your visit to my build log on the fishing schooner Annie M Parker, also for your very kind words and nice comments.
I sent you a PM, do hope that you can find it.
Regards Lawrence

Good morning Lawrence. I just found this ! Wonderful schooner! And a personal history attachment. You and the little fellows have talent. Cheers Grant
Hello Grant, I thank you for your very kind words and nice comments. Yes the Annie M Parker was and is a very special build for me and my family.
Regards Lawrence

Back