Dave Stevens (Lumberyard)

Sponsor: dlumberyard
Staff member
Sponsor

greetings to all members

the Lumberyards new site has gone live

we made the site device friendly

we made sure all is secure for shopping on line

most of all we removed links to other sites and forums we felt were not contributing to this wonderful hobby in a positive way. We are now proud to be part of this fantastic international site and added links to the lumberyard home page to draw more and more attention to ships of scale and model ship builder.

we thank all customs for their support over the past 35 some years and a thank you to those who despite being threatened not do business with us still do and still support us.

what does the future hold? well, we are in touch with other kit manufactures around the world working on joint projects to bring to this hobby cutting edge state of the art products and kits.

AS ALWAYS MY FRIEND CONTINUE TO MOVE THE HOBBY& FORWARD AS ALWAYS CONGRATS TO YOU AND EV FOR CONTI(NJUING TO FIGHT BULLYS AND STAYING IN BUISNESS FOR 30 PLUS YEARS LONGGIVITY THROUGH SATISFACTION, NO JUNK STUFF LIKE OTHER SO CALLED SUPLIERS. GOD BLESS STA&Y SAFE Don

Hallo Dave
very good news - but you forgot to make also the link to your page:

And you can find also a direct link on the main page of our forum under Merchants and Vendors

I have been trying to place an order for over 2 weeks. Tried the new site this morning but still can't place an order. When will the site be functional? Or am I dysfunctional?

its not you its me well not me but an issue with the shopping cart software our web designer is on the case and working as fast as she can to resolve the issues

for now contact Ev her email is on the site and she will handle orders personally until this is resolved

I have been trying to place an order for over 2 weeks. Tried the new site this morning but still can't place an order. When will the site be functional? Or am I dysfunctional?

I do not work in the office as a matter of fact I am not allowed to mess around in there

I am as we speak working on two ships the Druid and Alfred customer K,M. so if that is you then you are a work in progress and your orders did go through, all of them.
I will tell Ev to contact you to confirm

The timbering sets and hull kits are not a mass produced item that we pull off a shelf and send out in 3 day. Each and every ship order is custom made and it is very rare any two will be the same.

When a ship order comes in I first mill out the sheet stock and take it to the laser cutter, while he is doing his thing I am back in the shop milling out the rest of the wood, planking, deck parts etc. The process from start to finish takes 4 to 5 days. When everything is cut and done and plans arrive then the timbering set is packed and shipped.
although we work with other shops and businesses we are more of a co op of different businesses working together rather than some factory cranking out ship model kits.
the Lumberyard is more of an artisan operation one off one of a kind made to order.

right now I am going on a road trip to mid Ohio to Amish country to visit a saw mill and pick up 400 board feet of Beech and Maple.

Congrats on the new site Dave. I will look forward to using it in the future, right now I'm stuck working on my present build. The kits you are offering look sweet and I can't wait to try one. All the best going forward!
~ Robin

Back