The Lumberyard Sponsorship Program

donfarr

Blandford Group Build

Hi Guys this is something new, sounds interesting, can not see the info on this, ALWAYS GREAT TO SEE SOMETHING NEW TO PROMOTE THE HOBBY, THANK YO DAVE, DONNIE AND ALL THE FORTH COMING PARTICAPANTS. Don

Jimsky

Staff member
Blandford Group Build

I would be certainly interested in such a program. Great way to promote ship modelling hobby. I use DlumberYard for a really long time as the source of wood for all my modeling. Very nice family operated business. Thumbs-Up

Last edited:

Canoe21

Lawrence
Blandford Group Build

Hello Donnie and didit Dave
Your sponsorship program sure does sound interesting and I am sure that it will help a lot of the great SOS members. Dave has been a great help to me as for my build my first POF build with build plans from the Lumberyard.yard. I would love to try one of these builds but unfortunately, I am very much tied up in my present build the POF Oliver Cromwell, that has my tiny Old Ship Yard piled to the hilt, and no room at all to spare. I will however as always help my Ship Mates to the best of my ability to encourage them to try new things and try to help them over the rough spots in there builds. Always there to help if I can, ENJOY.
Regards Lawrence

Donnie

The basis is that if you (are eligible) and have a set of plans (or idea) that you wish to scratch build, then you submit those plans (or idea) to the Lumberyard to see if it qualifies for the Lumberyard support. The Lumberyard then decides how much wood / supplies to donate to your build. The amount of supplies is determined solely by the Sponsor at his discretion.
(f.e. you might only need to have planks for your project and therefore, you contact the Lumberyard for your request and what you are building and working on.)

It is best to contact The Lumberyard and or Zoltan if you have anymore questions.

Dave Stevens (Lumberyard)

Sponsor

We are all hoping here at SOS other hobby shops, kit makers and even individuals with the tools and machines and expertise will step up and sponsor builders. By donating a kit or services helps everyone.

We need to get out there and start beating the bush to find more sponsors

ziled68

This sponsorship program is an innovative method to draw more personnel into our hobby, alas, I do not meet the requirements for it due to not having enough membership points. But on a brighter side, I do love scratch building and I love looking for broken and/or damaged pallets in order to salvage and reuse the timber for model building. That old adage is very true, "One man's garbage is another man's treasure".

zoly99sask

Admin
Staff member
Administrative
Blandford Group Build

This sponsorship program is an innovative method to draw more personnel into our hobby, alas, I do not meet the requirements for it due to not having enough membership points. But on a brighter side, I do love scratch building and I love looking for broken and/or damaged pallets in order to salvage and reuse the timber for model building. That old adage is very true, "One man's garbage is another man's treasure".
You can increase your membership points by starting a build log,commenting on others threads,you must be a regular poster to qualify.

Peglegreg

Staff member
Blandford Group Build

G'day everyone
I'm so proud that SOS has began this sponsorship programme and to Dave, a hugh thank you for being the first (hopefully of many) sponsors to take up this offer.
Good luck to all the future participants and I would love to see their logs in the future.
Happymodeling
Greg

epicdoom

Staff member
Blandford Group Build

Would this program include drawing up plans for a build? I want to build the constellation pof but I can't draw up the plans for it. I dont want to receive help without giving back so I am offering any service I can do such as 3d printing lathe and milling machine work. I can also cast metals bronze, brass and aluminum as well as metal coating. I'm waiting on some new refractory for the foundry furnace the current one I have has been running for 6 years and was in need of a rebuild. So i can't cast anything till i re do that and let it dry out for a few weeks.

Dave Stevens (Lumberyard)

Sponsor

Would this program include drawing up plans for a build? I want to build the constellation pof but I can't draw up the plans for it. I dont want to receive help without giving back so I am offering any service I can do such as 3d printing lathe and milling machine work. I can also cast metals bronze, brass and aluminum as well as metal coating. I'm waiting on some new refractory for the foundry furnace the current one I have has been running for 6 years and was in need of a rebuild. So i can't cast anything till i re do that and let it dry out for a few weeks.

you yourself can become a sponsor and offer different services like the ones you mentioned above.

if anyone wants to offer drafting that would work. The thing with drawing plans is the huge amount of time involved in doing that.