The Lumberyard Sponsorship Program

donfarr

Blandford Group Build

Epicdoom, YOUR help is greatly apprciated, this is what a forum is all about, MEMBERS HELPING MEMBERS to advance and contribute to this WONDERFULL HOBBY, more members especially international members PLEASE JOIN IN, it seems like every new idea gets a big boost at then dies out, we need to keep our eys on the ball and FINISH WHAT WE START, my THOUGHTS, I HAVE SOMETHING TO DISCUSS WITH YOU IN A PM, will send out in a little while. Don

ramonolivenza

I'm a little confused about the program. I expose my case: I am going to start a quite ambitious project, it is a Spanish galleon, at 1:50 and in "arsenal", that is to say with all its pieces of internal carpentry, frames, curves etc ... Interestingly, there are very few models of Spanish galleons with a correct internal architecture. I already have unpublished plans resulting from the research in the Naval Museum of Madrid and Archivo de Simancas, I have enough documentation to deal with the design of the pieces and I have already collected some wood. I do not use cnc or 3D. It will take me about two years. In these conditions. Lumberyard program Would it be right for me? Would that give me something?

zoly99sask

Admin
Staff member
Administrative
Blandford Group Build

I'm a little confused about the program. I expose my case: I am going to start a quite ambitious project, it is a Spanish galleon, at 1:50 and in "arsenal", that is to say with all its pieces of internal carpentry, frames, curves etc ... Interestingly, there are very few models of Spanish galleons with a correct internal architecture. I already have unpublished plans resulting from the research in the Naval Museum of Madrid and Archivo de Simancas, I have enough documentation to deal with the design of the pieces and I have already collected some wood. I do not use cnc or 3D. It will take me about two years. In these conditions. Lumberyard program Would it be right for me? Would that give me something?
Thats up to Lumberyard I guess that your wood will be covered 100% or just part of it maybe 60%,you need to write a pm and ask @didit Dave Steven from Lumberyard

rtibbs

Is this project still ongoing or has it been dropped due to lack of interest and or sponsorship?
The reason for my inquiry is that I have several new in box kits that I would like to donate to a worthy cause.

Thanks,
Ron

zoly99sask

Admin
Staff member
Administrative
Blandford Group Build

Is this project still ongoing or has it been dropped due to lack of interest and or sponsorship?
The reason for my inquiry is that I have several new in box kits that I would like to donate to a worthy cause.

Thanks,
Ron
Hello Ron ,as far as I know the sponsorship program is still on ,I will Pm @Dave Stevens (Lumberyard) .

Dave Stevens (Lumberyard)

Sponsor

the sponsorship program includes everyone on the forum if you have kits you want to donate or services or anything to offer.

the lumberyard is just one of hopefully many others who want to support the hobby and this site.

Thanks,
Ron

so yes Ron if you want to be a sponsor and offer kits to members on the forum that is what this is all about.

I think members are getting the wrong idea here the sponsorship program is a SOS program the lumberyard is just 1 sponsor taking part in it.

Last edited:

rtibbs

the sponsorship program includes everyone on the forum of you have kits you want to donate or services or anything to offer.

the lumberyard is just one of hopefully many others who want to support the hobby and this site.

Thanks,
Ron

so yes Ron if you want to be a sponsor and offer kits to members on the forum that is what this is all about.

I think members are getting the wrong idea here the sponsorship program is a SOS program the lumberyard is just 1 sponsor taking part in it.
Dave,
What I have are as follows:
Amati Bluenose Schooner 1:100
Victory Models Lady Nelson 1:64
Mamoli Black Prince 1:57
Model Shipways Picket Boat 1/2"=1'
Schicheng Model USS Constitution Cross Section

As I stated these are all NIB
Is there an address where I can ship all these? I really would like to get these out of my 'shipyard' and do not want to ship one by one to various places.

I am going in for "minor" surgery next week so I wouldn't be able to get these out until after that (Hopefully)

Thanks,
RT