What resolution do you use for the Gallery pictures? If we have to email the pictures there, we are limited in picture resolution unless we want to send one picture per email. With the beautiful feature on the forum we can upload pictures in resolutions as they had been taken. What is the situation here?
Please allow me to answer one comment at a time after my research.
1) Searching and Indexing: In the meantime, I received a personal email from a gentleman that suggested an "index" of the names of the models. This is really a good idea. At the time, my focus was entirely on the massive work on writing the code to display the work. I will review the process of including an index. In the meantime, if you need to know if there is a model of "Rattlesnake" you can also use your internet browser to do the work for you.
For Instance, when you go to one of the Gallery Pages, to your "Browser" Menu bar and look for something like "EDIT > Find in this page" or Ctrl +F then there will be a search BAR appear at bottom of your browser and then enter in the word Rattlesnake - do no use any quotes. if the entry is alive on the page, then either part or the full name will be HIGHLIGHTED on the Gallery page.
2) Why 5 pages with the same boats in them. While I was working on the project, it was suggested by another Admin to put "SAMPLE" images of ships on each row in order to be "eye-catching". The very tiny ship images in each row is just for looks and style. It is not a problem as they can be removed w no problems.
3) What resolution do you use for the Gallery pictures? Most all of the older pictures are in very lower and some are poor resolution and had to work with the given images. Most images range up to about 160kB. Some are drastically even lower. Most images are of very high quality, but as you know, I believe the forum automatically compresses the images. The second situation is that I had a limited amount of physical space of only 600 pixels wide to make sure that this medium is compatible with MOBILE devices. In order to make a 600-pixel wide image squeeze down AUTOMATICALLY to fit a cell phone, I used a technology such as RESPONSIVE web design so that no matter what DEVICE you are using, the images are automatically resized. There is a huge tradeoff in managing these things and also making a page that is appealing for all users. I have to realize that not every person has a desktop PC with a 28 to 30-inch monitor. Some use Laptops and even cell phones - Also, there is a trade-off on time as well. This particular process has already involved close to a month of working after hours to provide some type of gallery for all to enjoy (time versus quality). Also, I was not able to use every single image some modelers submitted. Most images had to be major re-cropped to rule out much background objects.
More info on how to locally search for info on any webpage. Especially the Gallery page:
Press. Ctrl + F (Windows) or ⌘ Command + F (Mac). This will open the "Find" box in virtually any browser. ...
Type the word that you want to find on the page. Your browser will find matches as you type. ...
Cycle through the matches. Click the Next and Previous buttons in the Find box to cycle though the search results.
For instance, when having a Gallery Page open, perform the steps above. Then as you type (example: HMS Victory). The browser will start to HIGHLIGHT the results on the page as you ^ or v the search widget.
The below is an example of how I search for a ship named Agamemnon. I envoked the Ctrl + F (Windows) or ⌘ Command + F (Mac) and see the results of just entering the first three letters of Aga... Now, Clicking on the ^ or v arrows will take you to the next instance. So, if you want to find all instances of HMS, this will help until an INDEX is established.
1. I created an INDEX SHEET of just ship names-builder for those that might see this is easier to locate a specific ship.
2. I posted info about GUIDELINES to go by when submitting images. Please read this short guideline for better submissions.
Please see the new modification: You can now go to this "page" and click on a link for a SEARCH Engine that will now search all the ships in the Gallery. It is a really nice cool feature. In case you are impatient, you can follow this link straight to the search BAR. By first looks, it is NOT impressive, but does it do what it is supposed to do? Yes, and more. Just try it. Let me know what you think. Here is the link to the search bar:https://shipsofscale.com/gallery/easy.php
Just type in something like Constitution and see the results.
Page 6 has now been added. There are now a total of 223 ships. If you do not see your ship among all of these, please PM me and I will add them.
As a side note: For better images, please do not use flash. Flash on a camera leaves much glare. Please use external lighting to light your subject.