The Netherlands

Hi all

Im from the Netherlands and my father and his dad where captains on a few different ships. And like you all, my father and his father i am also addicted to wooden ship models

I started with plastic models as child, and building wooden models since my 19th birthday. So i have some experience.
But like the most off you i still learn new methods.
There is a lot changed since i begon and i know my grandfather build his ships from anything he could find and put the ladt models he built in bottles.
My father build from only blueprints and scrap.
And some models from stores. Just like me.
I have built quite a lot different models only true illness it starts to get really difficult. Still i will not stop this amazing hobby.
I also built wooden guns and riffles but that isn't for here.
I really hope to see and learn a lot from here. And im glad to see so many people having this great hobby.

Thanks for having me.
Leon.

Hi all

Im from the Netherlands and my father and his dad where captains on a few different ships. And like you all, my father and his father i am also addicted to wooden ship models

I started with plastic models as child, and building wooden models since my 19th birthday. So i have some experience.
There is a lot changed since i begon and i know my grandfather build his ships from anything he could find and put the ladt models he built in bottles.
I have built quite a lot different models only true illness it starts to get really difficult. Still i will not stop this amazing hobby.
I really hope to see and learn a lot from here. And im glad to see so many people having this great hobby.

Thanks for having me.
Leon.

Welcome aboard SOS, Leon!! We would love to see some of your models as well as guns and riffles!
Like you asked.
Some of the guns i made.
They really work only instead of bullets you can fire rubber bands with it.

I also uploaded some pictures of the ships i still have at home in a personal media album, open to you all.
Guess i needed to made a lot more pictures of them all, but i sold them and don't have more pictures.

Model building is getting hard, my rheumatism is really getting a problem....But.... I still having fun with building. :)

The model i now work on is a creepy little black pearl...nice exercise for me because i want to make it again but a lot bigger.
Will probably my last model but no worries, i love all the work i see here.
Watching you all doing such nice work is almost as good for the soul.

ak74.jpegfantasy gun.jpgmix.jpgwinchester.jpg

Hi all

Thanks for having me.
Leon.
Hallo Leon,
also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum :cool:
BTW: The ships would be also interesting.....

Back