The Ole SOS Gallery from ca 2010

Donnie

Systems Administrator
Staff member
Systems Administrator

If any of you old timers remember, I had a "Contributors Gallery" on my old SOS site. That was way back then BEFORE the SOS forums. This was from the very beginning when I was emailing and asking for modelers to donate images or their ships. With their permission, I then set out to create a Gallery. Back then, I got up to 130 ships online. I have just now started to try and resurrect the Gallery. It is going to take some time as all of the galleries web code will need some major modifications. I will add the Forum when the time comes to unveil and I hope that you all will like it. To the old timers, you will recognize some of the way it looked, but I had to bring in some different code to make it work here.

Donnie

Systems Administrator
Staff member
Systems Administrator

UPDATE:

In making my way through, I now am working on Bob Wilsons Collection of Merchant ships. I have gathered about 50+ images from his works and compiled it into a fantastic display of ships. I am almost finished with his collection and will be making my way through. A lot of work to go, but I think it will be worth it to see many images - perhaps almost 200 or more ships to view when completed !!!

I might give a sneak peak soon

Donnie

Systems Administrator
Staff member
Systems Administrator

By tomorrow, I should be able to release page #1 of the gallery. If I remember, there might be 6 to 7 pages like this. Each page will have 40 ships. Each link to each ship could have in some cases up to 20 or more images of the ship. Some might only have 4 - depending on how many the contributor submitted.

However, this is a typical screenshot. This all equates to over 1000 images embedded in the Gallery. I know that SOS has the Media Gallery, but I wanted to bring back the old fashioned gallery that is easier to navigate. Sit down with coffee and just browse through all the magnificent images. The Wray Castle Merchant Badge icon is part of Bob Wilsons collection which is 5 pages long and has a total of about 60 + merchant ships and line drawings. My goal is to have all the current completed builds in one place to view. Note: No write ups in here. Only pictures.

gallary-sample.jpg