Shipbuilder Devotionals
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Ok, as if there haven't been enough statements already. First of all, I must apply a heartfelt apology as I have not recently issued any kind of statement. I too have been at the front lines with this situation (but not near as bad as our friends here on SOS and the countries they live in.) So, I must say "I am very sorry" that I have not made any encouraging remarks up until now. So, if you all would forgive me, let me say a few things and you probably know what kind of "slant" I am going to spin on this.

First of all, I sincerely hope and pray that all of our friends here are doing whatever they can to stay protected and follow wise guidelines. I know that you are. We as shipbuilders are a unique blend of personalities, but one thing for sure is that we are all very wise in combatting this problem.

No one here has to tell anyone to do the right thing - we all know what to do. That is on a daily basis of guarding our lives from this terrible worldwide outbreak. If I may, and most of you know where I stand on matters of the soul of man. We can wash our hands, take all the precautions we can, but what remains is your soul and how it responds to all these terrible news left and right.

How should your spirit man deal with this? So, you say, oh no, here he goes again with a sermon. No, my friends, I want to encourage you to be a light of the world to your family and friends that are naturally in worry and fear. All these sources and forces touch all of us. Even the best of us, forces of evil and bad, touch all of us to bring us into panic and despair.

My friends, please listen. Nothing catches our Creator off guard. He knows the beginning to the end. He knows the number of hairs on your head or even the lack of them. He knows when you arise and when you retire for the evening. Nothing is hidden from his eyes. Even the COVID, He knew about this before it came to pass. It has nothing to do with whether the universe is mad at us or you. It has nothing to do with some crystals in your bedroom drawer. Why, remember - who made the universe and who made those crystals in the first place. We are to marvel at the Creator of all things. Yes, the Earth is full of God's glory, but yes, even the Earth is also full of diseases and problems. God did not cause disease. God did not create suffering and pain. It is a result of man's rebellion from the beginning.

By now, you have probably already clicked off of this message and that is your decision. No one here is to judge anyone. I am not that person. I want to bring a sense of comfort to those that are fearful (in the back of their mind). Yes, we are men and we usually do not let things like this get to the best of us. But deep down inside, all of us have some hidden and secret fears. Let your soul and your spirit be in peace and let the Man above take it from here. All you have to do is to ask Him to protect you and He will (in the privacy of your own thoughts and even right where you are right now) - even if it is working on your ship right this minute, He can hear and respond to you.

Isaiah 59:1
Listen! The LORD’s arm is not too weak to save you, nor is his ear too deaf to hear you call.

With this, I just want to speak a special blessing to all of my friends out there that are in special need at this very hour!

Sincerely in my heart
Donald B. Driskell

PS. I also want to add, yes, it is very important to be wise with your where-a-bouts and be safe. Better safe than sorry. Just use the best sense and that is common sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back