Shipbuilder Devotionals
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator

This morning as I was going to work, I was thinking about how many things control our life (good and bad). Then I was thinking about influence. How many things in our life have an influence on our lives and decisions? Then in reverse, what do we have control over? Who do we have influence over? All of this can be good or bad. Where do you fit?

I remember a long time ago reading a book 'how to win friends and influence people?' Well, this is my take on it. I think that some people just have a natural ability or gift to attract and make friends with no problems. Some of us have to work a little harder at it. Mainly due to the personality type we are. Some of us are more outgoing while some are more reserved.

So, what is the point of all this? I guess the point is that moving from influence to controlling others is not a healthy thing. Influence allows for others to reject or embrace you with no fear or apprehension of any negative outcome. Controlling comes at the expense of some negative outcomes. We should always be a good influence and avoid controlling. It does no harm to be a good influence.

We realize as we get older that we do not have as much control over life as we wish we had. We have and continue to have members suffer from various health issues and surgeries. The ongoing pandemic, it is there that we realize again how much we do not have control over circumstances. We have to shift our way of living to make adjustments.

The item that is controlling is not making adjustments, for it relies on you to make those adjustments or suffer the consequences. This becomes even more dynamic and personal when we have people that desire to dominate and control - as it is the other person that will have to make the adjustments, not the other way around. This is a horrible dynamic as there is no win-win for anyone. It is a win-lose philosophy and eventually becomes lose-lose where everyone in the game eventually loses. This is destruction at its peak !!!

I encourage all my readers, members, and friends to be a good influence to continue to help those just starting out. This is one of the greatest hobbies among many. Let your good influence keep SOS on track. Let us not fall into the trap of bad things that wish to govern our hobby.

This is YOUR hobby. This is YOUR free time. This is YOUR enjoyment. This is YOUR decision to be a part of it and enjoy it. It is YOUR workbench. It is YOUR tools. It is YOUR abilities and talent to craft. It is also a God-given talent and ability that He has given to YOU to make and build and enjoy. Lastly, for our members, SOS is YOUR forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back